Chapter 25

Zara's POV

"Yeah, you have absolutely seen her before, " Shaiq retorts having a straight face. There is no sign of smug or mischievousness on his face. I stare at him a ray of possibility in my eyes. I hope he won't say anything stupid this time.

"Not once, you have seen her many times before not even face to face but in pictures too, " he calmly continues with his arms folded on his chest.

"What the nonsense are you muttering?" Zainab asks with a frown on her face.

"I am sure, Zara, you have seen a lizard many times in your life. Isn't it?" He asks with a teasing smile.

At that time, I want to punch this idiot, stupid, and, dumbhead. I was wrong to actually think he can get serious for once.

"What you have called me just now? Can you repeat it, dear cousin?" Zainab turns to him with a fake smile on her face. She starts walking towards him with a smile scowl adorning her face.

Oh, so they are cousins too.

"I said nothing hahaha, " Shaiq says laughing nervously while taking steps back.

"Stupid, Moron!"She smacks on his head slightly while turning back to me.

A smile comes up on my lips seeing them fighting, bickering, and then laughing like that. It's my first time meeting them together, but I am sure they share a strong bond.

" Don't mind us. We are always like that, " she explains with an uneasy chuckle.

I shake my head in denial at this with a smile.

"You have hit me in front of her, you heartless girl!" Shaiq pouts while caressing the back of his head.

"These smacks are good for your mental health, don't you know?" She sticks his tongue at her at which I laugh. They are so cute.

" Come Zara. Let me take you to your new class. Leave this idiot here." She takes my hand in hers and pulls me along with her. She is so lively.  I stare at her in awe. She is babbling and ranting, don't know what constantly but the only thing which my mind is processing of hers is how jolly and spirited is her gait, her intonation, and the way she is talking.

"Wait here, I'll come back." She informs me while her eyes gazing at our back. I nod and see her rushing all the way back to where we were standing before. She is talking to Shaiq and after a while, she comes back along with him. To my surprise, I am smiling the whole time looking at these two. Now they are laughing and talking with each other. The cheerfulness and liveliness in this girl is enough for me to think of how much I lack these elements in my life.

"You know what, you are gonna meet the devil now in five minutes, the devil who is the culprit of Shaiq's this look, " she informs me once we are inside the class.

I look at her with a confused expression.

"Professor Wali has forced him to change his look and that same Professor Wali is gonna take our first class," she deciphers with her hands. I have noticed she uses hands so much while talking.

"Why you are telling her my every embarrassing thing? You can't see a pretty girl breathing around me, " Shaiq protests with a frown causing both of us to laugh aloud.

                *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I throw away the small stone strangling in the green lush grassy ground with my sandal to the other side while making my way ahead. The grass is still damp and fresh because of the mist from the early morning persuading me to feel its fluffy texture with my bare feet. We are walking down the greenish ground. Zainab has already gone, don't know where because she doesn't have last class with Shaiq and now should I say me too. Although Shaiq can be absolutely annoying sometimes, he isn't that stupid like I have speculated about him. But at this time, unlikely he is silent and more like in deep thoughts. His eyes are fixed on the grass below our feet