Chapter 51

Zara's POV

"Look what have you done, Aila, " I yell at the top of my lungs.

I lift my heel to get a better view of my 'drowning' phone, flowing hastily with the surges of water, thanks to my dearest friend.

"I am so sorry, Zara. I just didn't see you in the way. The way to the river is on the opposite side. Let's get your phone back, " she tells grabbing my arm.

I dodge her and glare at her with both hands placed on my waist, "do you really think my phone will be functioning after falling in the water?"

"Isn't it waterproof?" She asks with puppy eyes.

I shake my head in annoyance. Has she lost her mind?

"Don't joke with me, Aila.....Forget it, tell me what are you doing here?"

"Just have to do some work. By the way,  Zara, I am really really sorry. Someone was calling you as well and I have wasted that call, " she says in an apologetic tone.

What if I tell you I don't want to take the call of that someone.

"Oho, Aila, it's okay." I pull her into a tight hug.

"Shall we go and buy a new phone for you?" She asks breaking the hug.

"No, I don't want to do it right now. I will buy one some other day," I show her an assuring smile.

"Okay then. But your phone will be on me and don't you dare argue over it now, " she points her index finger at me with fake anger on her face.

"But Aila, there is seriously no need of it," I say with a pout.

How much this girl will do for me?

"There is a need and no buts. Shall we hang out somewhere? It's been so long since we have met," she chirps with excitement.

Hanging out with Aila sounds a good option. At first, I thought about staying at Dad's place but after what has happened, I am no more eager to go there.

Aila reckons my silence as approval and she gestures me to follow her as she walks ahead.

"Wait Aila," I call her in a loud voice.

She turns around on her heels so now she is facing me. She raises a brow in question.

"Instead of hanging out, can I stay at your home for somedays?"

Aila lives alone in her house these days as her parents are out of the country due to business purposes.

She scratches the side of her forehead as she is thinking something. After a while, she walks towards me.

"Sounds perfect! But won't Armaan Bhai say anything? I mean have you asked him about this?

Why she has to mention him in front of me after every second?

"He won't say anything, so can I accompany you?"

"Sure thing, let's go, " she smiles at me as she takes my hand in hers.

         *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Shaiq's POV

"So shall we take you back to the bed? You need to sleep, " I pat her shoulders as I assert.

She pouts her lips and looks back to the room where she has got admitted earlier.

"I don't want to go back there. It suffocates me," she mumbles.

"So where do you want to go?" I ask her in a low voice.

"Anywhere but not in the hospital."

"But you are still weak, Zainab. The doctor has advised you to rest," I try to change her mind.