Chapter 61

This scene occurs before Armaan meets Zainab in her house.

Zara's POV

The cold yet pleasant breeze is hugging my body like a soothing comforter as we both are walking along the pathway opposite the fence; leading to the restaurant. The foggy atmosphere is feeling so calm and relaxed. The only pronounced light here is the moonlight which is peeping through the slits like leaves of trees all around. I take a glance at Armaan who unexpectedly hasn't spoken any noticeable thing since the time we are out for the dinner. Whenever I am with him, it's sense like a feel of comfort, happiness and care has surrounded me all over. But living and sparing time with him as a friend is easier than now; when he has confessed his love for me. But that's not how it will work. I love him and I want to spend my life with him like a normal married girl and that will be just possible when I will come out of this hesitation and reluctance with him.

I again look at him and my gaze flows from his face to his muscular arm and then his hand. I stare at his hand for a while before raising my own. Should I do this? I take a deep breath before shoving my hand inside of his hand. His hand is so warm, unlike mine which is so frigid due to the cold wafts of the air. It's like his warm hand is giving me the comfort I need at this time.

Armaan pauses for a moment as his hand turns rigid and stern. He looks at me with confusion in his eyes.

"What happens?" He asks, directly staring into my eyes.

I shake my head sideways as I show him a smile. He keeps on gaping at me for a while before his lips spread to form a smile as well. He clutches my hand tightly and intertwines our fingers.

"Your hand is so cold, Zara." He asserts as he lifts my hand which is still in his and slowly rubs his both hands on it.

I contently look at him and this just prompts my smile to go deeper.

"Are you okay? Should we go back if you are feeling cold?" This time, he asks with a concerned expression.

"No, I am fine. Moreover, your hand is giving me the warmth I need the most," I state with a smile playing on my lips.

He turns to me with an amused expression in his eyes.

"Don't talk to me like that, it makes me fall for you even more." His voice is more like a whisper in these hushed surroundings.

"Then let it be," I shrug my shoulders.

He places my hand on his chest directly opposite to his heart; where I can easily feel his throbbing heartbeats. He pulls me near to him, by placing his hand on my waist. He gazes into my eyes as his fingers softly tug my hair away from my neck. The brushing on his fingers on my bare neck sends electrifying sensations all over my body. He plops his hands on both sides of my neck and lifts my face up, to his level. He stares at my lips before looking back into my eyes for permission. There is something in my eyes which he reckons as yes and then he leans forward. I close my eyes when I find his face nearer to me.

His lips barely touch mine when a loud thumping voice prompts us to pull away. I put a hand on my chest as I breathe heavily; due to how startled I have got after the horrifying sound. My jaw dropped when I see a cat going down the way; so that is the sound of a cat jumping from the high cliff on the ground.

I glance at Armaan who has the same expression on his face. We both burst out laughing as soon as our eyes meet. This is so funny yet embarrassing at the same time. His laugh is so genuine, so passionate that it urges me to stare at him more than I have expected.

"You should smile more often. That's better than that usual scowl of yours," I state as I point my index finger towards his face.

The smile on his face worn out all of a sudden. I look at him with an apologetic expression. Does he not like what I said? I shouldn't have blurted this thing. I take a few steps back when he walks towards me. He grabs my arm and pulls me towards him.