Chapter 60

The time in this chapter may mismatch for one scene.

Zara's POV

"What's with this big what?" Armaan chuckles as he pinches my nose.

I myself don't know why I am feeling this way. I want to start over with him all over again but there is something which is pulling me far behind from doing this. Odd anxiety, which is not allowing me to think of him as the one; the one I want to live with, as a normal wife does. Perhaps because I never think of him in that way. I never thought I will fall for Armaan or he will claim to love me. I never thought he will change to be the one I will fall for so hard. Thinking about the past, I haven't thought for once that I will be supposing about continuing my life with him.

I look back at him who is looking intently at me, waiting for my answer. His every glance, every action is just substantiating his sincerity. But still, my heart is hesitant to think of him as that one for now.

"No, I was actually surprised how come your mom lived in a one-roomed house. Wasn't she wealthy like your Dad?" I try to change the topic.

"She was an heiress actually but she preferred to live like this," he replies.

I mouth an Oh as I again roam my eyes around the house. She must be a really kind lady to have thinking like this.

I flinch when Armaan turns my face towards him by putting his hand under his chin.

"I haven't forgotten that why of yours. Why did you say that?" He again asks.

I sigh when I realize he still hasn't got that question out of his mind.

He moves his face closer to mine as he stares directly into my eyes. He slowly brushes his lips along my jawline which prompts the chills to run down my spine.

"Actually I was saying that..." I pause as I lick my lips in confusion, thinking of a good excuse.

"I think it will be awkward like this..." I stare at Armaan with a perplexed expression when he pulls away from his hand from my face. Has he got angry? I again make him get mad at me.

"No..no that not what I mean to say. Seriously I was saying that..."

I stop talking when he laughs. I look at him with confusion.

"Zara, calm down. I get what you are trying to say." He says as he puts his hands on both shoulders.

My breath hitches when he leans forward, "I won't force you for anything. I want you to deliberately accept me as the only one in your life. I want both of us to slowly accept this new aspect of this relationship. We will start step by step. Shouldn't we?"

I glance at Armaan with an assuring smile on my face. My heart is urging me so much to fall in love with him more and more. I nod my head which makes his smile go deeper. He softly lays his lips on my forehead. He will care for me and my insecurities so much, I never thought.

He turns back to the counter as I stare at him blankly.

"Armaan." My voice is so low that I doubt that he even hears me.

"Yeah?" He asks, without turning back.

"Thank you." It's like my heart has directly put these words on my tongue, without informing my mind.

He turns back and faces me. His soft expressions have changed from earlier. He comes near me as he stroke the side of my face.

"There is no need for this. I love you and it's my responsibility to care for you. But-" he stops as he glances back at the counter.