36. Mute (moxiety angst)

Platonic moxiety
Roman being a huge flirt but also an ass at the same time
Logan being himself and freaking Virgil out in the process
They don't know his name, he's still anxiety to them

Slight lack of consent to be touched
Mentions of abuse

Virgil was mute. Not born, but forced by himself. He never spoke to anyone. He communicated with nods, or writing if needed.

Logan was curious, Roman was suspicious and Patton made sure neither of then made Virgil uncomfortable about it.

"Hey, emo," Roman said, sliding up next to Virgil. Virgil looked at him, a questioning look on his face. He nodded to tell Roman to continue.
"What's up?" Roman asked. Virgil shrugged. Roman wanted to make Virgil say something, anything. So he did something stupid. He grabbed Virgils hips, standing behind him against him. Virgil tried to shake him off and spun around. He didnt say anything, and just stormed off.

(His plan was to get Virgil to tell him to fuck off or something btw)

"Hey kiddo," Patton said smiling. "Hey, you ok?" Virgil shook his head angrily and sat on the floor. "What happened?"

It had been almost two years since he'd met the others. He trusted Patton. But was scared. Patton could tell he was fighting with himself and sat beside Virgil.

"It's ok, you dont need to tell me," Patton said warmly.
"R-ro..." Virgil muttered. Patton looked at him in shock. "Roman," Virgil said in tears.
"What did he do to you?" Patton asked. Virgil put his hands on his waist, then crossed them across his chest.

"He touched you? And you didnt like it?" Virgil nodded. Patton hugged him and stood.
"I'll be right back, ok?" Virgil nodded and watched as Patton went to find Roman.

"So you can speak," Logan said. Virgil jumped, turning around. He hadn't even seen Logan. Virgil shook his head violently, getting up and running out.

Virgil went to his room, shutting the door and hiding in his closet with the door closed.
"Anxiety?" Patton called from outside. He opened the door, looking around. His eyes fell on the closet and he walked over. He opened it, looking down at Virgil.

"Kiddo," Patton said, kneeling down. "Why'd you run off?"

Virgil shrugged and hugged himself closer
"Did Logan do something after I left?" Patton asked slowly. Virgil shook his head. "You just got a bit freaked out by something?" Virgil nodded.

Patton got an idea.
"Hey, come on," Patton took Virgils hand and pulled him up, leading him out. Roman and Logan were in the livingroom.

"We are gonna learn sign language!" Patton announced. "That way we can talk to Anxiety a bit easier until he feels more comfortable,"

"He already writes when he needs to, why learn basically a new language?" Roman said.
"Because, if we are out of the house and he forgets his pen and paper, what are we supposed to do?" Patton said, crossing his arms. "We are doing this, and that's final,"

Virgil smiled softly at how badly Patton wanted to learn to speak to him more.

They spent the next few weeks learning sign. Logan and Virgil learned quickly, but Roman was defiant and Patton struggled a bit. But soon, they we able understand what Virgil signed.

Whenever Virgil went into a room, he'd tap on the wa or something to get people's attention.

Virgil tapped on the counter. Patton turned and smiled
Morning pops Virgil signed smiling.
"Morning kiddo, how'd you sleep?" Virgil gave a thumbs up in response.
"Awesome," Patton said smiling
"What's up emo," Princey said, ruffling Virgils hair. Virgil flinched at the touch, moving away and looking at the ground.
"Be nice, dont touch him without permission Roman," Patton said.
"Fine," Roman said. Virgil sat himself on the counter, watching Patton make breakfast. He was zoned out, thinking about something when Logan came in.

"Anxiety?" Logan asked. Virgils head shot up, slight fear in his eyes.
Yes?
"Don't worry, it's nothing bad. I was just wondering why you don't speak. You havent told us yet," Logan said
I don't want to talk about it

"But you aren't talking about it," Roman said.
"Roman!" Patton said, he gently slapping Roman's arm. "Be nice! We do not know the reason. It could be trauma related,"

"Is it?" Logan asked, moving a bit closer. Tears stung Virgils eyes. He sat cross legged with his hands in his lap, his head bowed. He nodded.

"Anxiety..." Patton said softly. He moved closer, and looked at Virgil for permission to hug him. Virgil nodded again and Patton hugged him.

"I'm sorry Anxiety, you don't have to tell us if it is too painful, ok?" Patton whispered. Virgil took a panicked breath, choking down sobs as he gripped Pattons shirt. He didnt want to let go. He felt safe in Pattons arms. It was warm.

"Ok love birds," Roman grumbled
"Roman, just shut up," Logan said. "The poor boy needs this, clearly,"

"Do you want to go upstairs and talk, just us?" Patton whispered in Virgils ear. Virgil nodded, but didnt make any move to let go or get up. Patton smiled softly.

"Cmon, kiddo, let's go," Patton gently let Virgil go, taking his hand. They went upstairs and sat on Pattons bed. Patton handed him a stuffed animal to hold and wasnt surprised when Virgil held it tightly against his chest.

"Can you tell me...what happened before you came here with us?" Patton asked softly. Virgil had to work up the nerve to speak but still felt no nervous.

"They hurt me," he said after a long pause. Virgil reluctantly showed the deep scars on his collar bone and shoulders. It was why he wore big hoodies. It covered the scars.

"Oh my gosh!" Patton breathed in shock. "Is...is it alright if I touch you, Anxiety?" Virgil nodded. Patton carefully took Virgils hoodie off and looked closer at the scars.
"When did this happen?" Patton asked.

"Right...right before I came here," Virgil said softly. "I said I was coming here...and Deciet hit me. He and Remus cut me. I m-managed to clean it up and bandage it up before coming here," Virgils voice broke and he let his tears roll down his cheeks.
"I'm so sorry," Patton said. He hugged Virgil again and let him cry into his shoulder. Patton rubbed Virgils back gently, hoping to sooth him somehow.

"I'm glad that you feel comfortable to speak to me," Patton whispered. "I love your voice,"
"Thank you," Virgil muttered.

"But...w-why do you care about me?"
"Because you're my family now. And I love my family," Patton said. Virgil smiled faintly and held Patton a bit tighter.
"I love you too," Virgil said softly. Patton smiled and they stayed I the hug for a long time.

"What are they doing up there?" Roman mumbled.
"Talking?" Logan said, confused to why Roman was asking such a silly question.
"No way. They are clearly doing more then talking," Roman said.

"Have you even met Patton? Anxiety is like his son," Logan said rolling his eyes.
"I dont know," Roman muttered. After a minute, the two came down the stairs again.

"You dont have to do it, but if you're ready, go ahead," Patton said to Virgil.

"H-hi guys," Virgil said softly. "My name is Virgil,"

I FIND THIS ADORABLE SO FIGHT ME IF YOU DON'T! I LIVE for platonic moxiety, it's so cute, their little father-son relationship and friendship, I love it soooooooo much!

Hope you enjoyed, have a great day/night