132. logicality

Possible angst, idk some parts are kinda sad
But it's mostly a fluffy little family story

Patton was walking down the street, umbrella in his hands since it was pouring rain. He could hear thunder in the distance and thought he should try to get home quickly.

But he stopped.
"What the..." he mumbled. He listened closer...

Crying...loud screams and crys. He looked and saw a large cardboard box, soaked from the rain. He walked over cautiously and gasped.

A baby...maybe a month old. He was crying.

Patton carefully picked the crying baby up, wrapping the child up in his jacket to keep him warm. Then he ran the whole way home.

"Logan!" He yelled.

His husband walked over.
"What is wrong, my love?" Logan Sked.
"I-I found a baby...he was all alone," Patton said softly. Logan gasped softly.
"I'll go get some of the twins old clothes and a blanket...maybe a nice warm bath will warm him up?" Logan suggested. Patton nodded.

In their laundry room there was a large sink. Patton put some warm water in there amd smiled softly when the baby calm down. Then he wrapped him in a soft towel and held him. They still had a bit of stuff from when their now 3 year old twins were babies.

Logan brought some clothes and other things they might need in from the garage.

Patton got the baby dressed up and let him sleep in his arms.
"What are we going to do?" Patton asked softly.
"I don't know," Logan sighed.
"Are the boys already asleep?" Logan nodded.

The next morning, when Patton and Logan were woken by the toddlers jumping on them, Patton got the baby up and dressed before changing the twins.

"Who dat?" Roman, the younger of the twins asked, pointing at the baby.
"I found him last night all alone. We should try to convince daddy that we should keep him," Patton whispered to the twins, who giggled and nodded happily. Patton smiled.
"Daddy, can we get a baby bubber?" Remus asked, tugging on Logans pant leg. Logan chuckled softly.
"Do you want a little brother?" He asked. The twins nodded happily.
"You heard them," Patton giggled, kissing Logans cheek.

"I guess...we can adopt him," Logan chuckled. Patton squealed happily and kissed Logan again.

~time skip 13 years~

"Virgil! Get your ass up!" Remus said, pushing his younger brother out of bed.
"Fuck you," Virgil growled as he pushed himself up and glared at Remus.
"I mean...if you want to~" Remus teased.
"Ew! Get out, asshole!" Virgil cried in disgust. Remus chuckled and left.

"Fucking idiot," Virgil murmured as he got up.

"Morning pops, morning dad," Roman said, grabbing his breakfast.
"Morning Ro," Patton said softly. He seemed really tired, but was trying to act normal
"You good, dad?" Remus asked, noticing.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Patton smiled, trying to stifle a yawn. He shook his head to try and shake to tiredness. "I'm fine,"

During breakfast, Patton zoned out. His eyes closed and he leaned on his hand. Logan sighed and stood. He slipped one arm under Pattons legs and the other around him, picking him up.
"I'm fine," Patton mumbled.
"In taking you to bed," Logan told him as he carried the other to the bedroom and laid him down.

"Make sure the boys get to school on time," Patton mumbled before falling asleep.

Logan smiled softly and closed the door behind him. He made sure the boys, the twins 16 and Virgil 13, got to the bus stop on time.
"Bye dad!" Virgil called smiling.
"Bye boys, have a good day," Logan smiled softly.