•41•

I finally lay down on the bed of my New York apartment. After a long day of meetings and a photoshoot. I really need to relax. Maybe a face mask and bath will help. I sit up and look around my apartment. Remembering some things about some one I am trying to forget. I roll my eyes and huff.
  This is hopeless. I can't get him out of my head.
  Daisy, you're strong and don't need to think about him.
  The sound of my phone ringing was the only that made me get off the bed.
  "Hello?" I say into the phone.
  "Hey baby! I'm in New York too, wanna meet up for some coffee?"
  "Hey Mya! I would love to but I'm kind of tired."
  "Aww well about we eat in your apartment, I'm bored and I just want to spend sometime with you."
  "Sure, come over I'll order some sushi."
  "Be there in 20."
  "See you then."
I hang up and sigh. I can take a quick shower. I take the quickest shower after ordering some sushi and noodles cause I've really been craving some. I put lotion on all my body and then put on some pajamas. I do my after shower routine and then I hear a knock on my door. I walk over to the door as I'm brushing my hair. I'm not surprised that Mya is holding a bottle of champagne when I open the door.
"Hey bae." I say and we hug.
"I missed you already."
"I missed you more." I say and close the door after her.
"I heard you got a new mans."
"He's not my 'mans'."
"So what are you guys?"
"We're just talking...getting to know each other."
"He makes you happy?"
"Yeah...he does." I say honestly. He makes me laugh a lot. And whenever he smiles...I smile.
"But you don't love him."
"What?"
"I know you Daisy...and I know that even if prince charming comes for you, you'll want to be with the skinny white boy."
"Mya!" I say and chuckle.
"Oops I meant Timothée Chalamet."
"That's not funny." I say while I laugh.
"It's true though."
"Well...I don't know Mya." I say and my voice breaks at the end. And in that moment I broke. Tears rolled down my cheeks as Mya pulled me in for a hug. "I really want to forget him, but I know that I love him." I say and the tears that I've been saving finally come out.
  "Come on Daisy...he doesn't deserve your tears."
  "I know he doesn't but I can't help it."
  "Well I know one thing, he doesn't deserve you."
  "I'm just really mad that he cheated...I can't get it out of my head."
  "I know baby...ok I want to propose something."
  "What?" I say as I wipe my tears away.
  "You go to Spain and have the time of your life without Timothée. Give me your phone."
  "No...don't block his number."
  "Ok fine...then I'll be going with you guys."
  "Wait really?"
  "Yeah, Alissa asked me and I said no but I can tell her I change my mind."
  "You would do that?"
  "Yeah I'll help you and be there for you."
  "I love you Mya." I say and I hug her tight.
  "I love you...trust me everything will be better."
"Thanks." I say softly.

***

  There was only a few days left until I would be going to Spain. I was ready. I was ready to forget and have fun. I was leaving New York tomorrow and I had nothing to do. So when my phone rang a call from Timothée...I answered. Like I always do.
  "Hey Daisy."
  "Are you drunk or is that just an excuse for everything that you do?"
  "Listen...I'm sorry."
  "Sorry for cheating on me or for calling me a whore?"
  "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you that hurt you."
  "That's a lot of things Chalamet."
  "Well listen Daisy...I just really wanted to apologize. And I miss you...and I know that we can't be together because you need time. And I respect that...but I really miss you." He takes a deep breath before he continues. "I want us to be friends Daisy."
  "Us? Friends? Don't you remember what happened last time we agreed to be friends?"
  "Yeah...that's what I'm hoping for." I laugh and shake my head.
  "Ok...but this time that won't happen, you got it?"
  "Fine...I just miss you Daisy." I hear his voice break. I sigh and take a deep breath.
  "I miss you too...but I really need time."
  "I get it...just know...I'll always love you." I stay quiet for a few seconds and my eyes become blurry.
  "Goodnight, Timothée."