six

Elijah came into the room where Madelline and Tyler were. The first thing he noticed the moment he entered was a certain boy accompanying her daughter while Tyler held fear in his eyes when he saw him.

"You and I are gonna talk, young man," Elijah said with such threat as he pointed his index finger at him before walking closer towards Madelline, still clad in his uniform.

"Hey sweetie, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Madelline attempted to reassure her father. Her eyes flickered back and forth between Elijah and Tyler, the former now placing his hands on his hips as he run his fingers through his hair when he saw the patch on her head. "Hey dad, really. I'm fine, so calm down."

"I'm sorry Mads, I really am," Tyler started. "I tried to stop."

Madelline gave him a small smile in an attempt to reassure him as well and trying to avoid her father from freaking out even more. Elijah turned to look at Tyler, a scolding look evident on his face.

"Why were you even driving like that? What happened? Are you aware of how many people get injured and sent to hospital because of this kind of driving in this weather?" He said, frustration lacing his voice.

"Dad, hey. It's alright. I'm alright," she tried to say as she placed a hand on his arm in an attempt to take his attention away from Tyler.

A heavy breath escaped his lips as he run his fingers through his hair. "We're still not done, young man. I'm going to talk to Charlie and your parents regarding your license."

He looked back to Madelline and only then noticed that the honey-haired stood beside his daughter, quietly tending to her needs. He was busy scolding Tyler that he forgot to thank the boy who made an effort to bring his daughter in. He gave a soft and appreciative smile towards him. "Thank you for bringing my daughter in. If it wasn't for you, she would have had more serious injury," he said.

Jasper politely smiled as he crossed his arms behind his back. "It's alright Dr. Smith."

Elijah looked at Madelline and talked through their eyes, silently asking Madelline if this was the friend that she was talking about. She facepalmed herself as the embarrassment crept up inside her, yet nodded her head as answer. Elijah couldn't help but smirk before looking back at Jasper.

"Are you Dr. Cullen's son?" He asked after noticing their similarities in terms of physical appearance.