eighteen

'✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹

"Who knew my daughter would be dating the youngest Texas major?"

Jasper chuckles as he sips the wine offered by the older Smith as they wait. "You flatter me too much, Mr. Smith."

Elijah playfully rolls his eyes at his formality as he brings down the wine glass on the table. "Oh hush, don't call me that. It makes me feel old."

"Well, sir," Jasper emphasizes, looking at him knowingly. "You are old."

"Coming from a century-old man," he shoots back, causing Jasper to burst out in a series of laughter.

Despite the relaxed ambiance downstairs, it was, however, a different scenario inside Madelline's room. Being antsy for a special event is still experienced despite transitioning into a supernatural like herself.

Her palms grew clammy as she finishes doing her hair and make-up all by herself. Seeing the color and entire vibes of the dress she would be wearing, she decided on doing retro waves on her hair while finishing her make-up with rich, wine-like red lips which made her lips even more seductive to the eyes.

After putting on her dress, she heaved a deep breath before entering her room, nearing where her body-sized mirror is. She couldn't help but gape her mouth at the sight of how her dress seemed to hug every corner of her body, accentuating her best parts. The slit was high enough for her to not dance excessively if she does not want to flash everyone. She decided to finish it off with champagne-colored heels and a purse.

She gave herself one final look and takes a deep breath as the feeling of nervousness begins to creep inside her upon hearing her boyfriend's laugh that mixes smoothly with her father's.

Too distracted with their own conversation, they fail to notice the sound of the clicking of heels. They only stopped midway from their conversation after they hear a clearing of the throat.