twenty-eight

'✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹

(a/n madelline's outfit on top)

Despite her packed schedule, Madelline's flexibility when it comes to her time is always fascinating, seeing as how she could still work out and spar with Elijah even though she still has her part-time job and studies.

One thing that's been bugging her is the limited information regarding the anchor matter. The information written was only limited to the point that she could count on her fingers how many were in the books. She only assumed that the limited information was due to her being the first ever to be the anchor and the one responsible for recording everything in case a new one appeared.

Within the span of 2 weeks, Madelline's combat skills improved tremendously, including both her vampire and demon abilities. Her training, which involves controlling the wind and the fire, disappointed her when she had grown to know that whatever she watched in the Avatar was not possible in real life.

The flexibility and agility rune were extremely evident on her hips and her left thigh. Elijah saw with his own eyes how her movements were filled with such swiftness, no one could ever see her coming.

It wasn't just her skills that were enhanced, but also her physical appearance. She noticed how her eyes turned black whenever she triggered her demon side and how red veins appeared under her eyes when she used her runes. These changes scare her; whenever she catches sight of herself, the mere sight of herself terrifies her. Yet, as time went by, she started getting used to it.

"Madelline!"

A groan escaped her lips when her train of thought was interrupted. She looked away from her book, searching for who called her, just to see Paul nearing the tree she was sitting on.

"Come down, woman!" he called out. A wide grin sat comfortably on his lips as he tucked his hands inside his pockets, watching Madelline smoothly get off the branch she was sitting on.

"Seriously?" Madelline deadpanned at him and tucked her book in her arms.

Paul feigned innocence as he met her eyes. "What?"

After some minutes of stare-downs, the shapeshifter huffed and rolled his eyes at the woman in front of him. "You can't blame me! When you told me you'd just have your me time, I thought it was a literal me time, where you pamper yourself. Not this!" he motioned over the book in her arms, glaring at it, which made Madelline hug the book tighter to her.