nine

(a/n outfit on top ♡)

It was a nice day in Forks, surprising Madelline as she assumed that the city has only one weather in a year. She felt the blazing sun dancing against her skin as she bask under it. Her hands were propped up on the table, supporting her weight as she looks up at the sky with her eyes closed.

She opened her eyes and looked around her, noticing the majority of Forks High School were outside, casually hanging out or playing around with their friends. She saw how some were in the same position as her while Tyler was playing with his friends on the field. However, she felt as if something was missing.

"They're not here," Bella spoke up, noticing how her eyebrows furrow while scanning her surroundings. Jessica who was just beside her, hands propped up on the table to support her, gave the two a glance before closing her eyes once again.

"Yeah. Whenever the weather is nice, the Cullens disappear," Jessica told them with her eyes still closed.

"What? Do they just ditch?" Bella asked in curiosity, sharing a look with Madelline.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen take them out for camping and stuff," Jessica answered. "Tried it out on my parents, didn't work."

"How lucky," Madelline mumbles. She pulled out her book from her bag and opened it, casually sipping on her cold iced tea.

"What, no coffee?" Bella asked, surprised that the brunette didn't have her usual drink. Madelline shook her head and refocused to her book, leaving Bella to her thoughts.

After a while, Madelline looked up in time just to see Angela skipping towards them. There was a certain bounce to her footsteps that made her assume something went great for the brunette.

"I'm going to the prom with Eric!" She announced as soon as she neared their table and sat down beside with Bella with excitement written all over her face. "I took control of everything just like what you two said and it worked!"

Madelline smirked at her and winked while Jessica grinned at her, genuinely happy for her, yet envy as she did not have the same guts to do the same towards Mike.

"Told you," Bella replied and smiled softly at her friend.

"Speaking of that, if you three don't have anything planned out later, let's go to Port Angeles before the good dresses get cleaned out," Jessica said.

Madelline shrugged and nodded. "I'm in," she replied. She knew she won't buy, but she still wanted to hang out with them so she took the opportunity. Bella nodded as a response, looking down at the paper she was holding before quickly stuffing it inside her pocket. Madelline looked at her with confusion, deciding against on mentioning it.

The bell rang, causing the four to stand up and gather their things, heading to their class while chattering among each other.