eleven

(a/n outfit on top!)

The Smith household was filled with silence, well other than Elijah's frequent swearing and Madelline's shuffling. She waddled from her room to their living room, wrapped inside her comforter, with a book on her right hand. She flopped down on their sofa, almost falling to her side as she attempts to regain her balance. She crossed her legs underneath her as she sighed, opening the book Elijah got her.

She found herself wandering off as she remembered the moment she shared with Jasper. A smile crawled its way up to her lips as her entire face brightened up, unable to contain the giddiness rising inside her. She tucked a loose strand behind her ear as she did so, looking down with a dazed smile.

Elijah, who needed to take a breather from his work, stood up and decided to grab himself a bottle of wine downstairs. He stopped midway when he saw his daughter sitting inside their living room, daydreaming with a book in her hand. A soft chuckle escaped his lips, already assuming what, or rather, who, she was thinking about. It still surprises him up to this point at how he easily approved of Jasper, seeing as he is highly protective of his only daughter. He decided against on interrupting and silently made his way to grab himself a bottle before silently ascending back to his room.

She knew she would be distracted when she realized she kept on reading the same dialogue over and over again; therefore, she disregarded the book completely and just laid there like a burrito as she ponders over her feelings towards a certain topaz-eyed boy. Only then she realized how she was head over heels for him and how he unknowingly makes her a better person.

A honk took her out of her train of thoughts, causing her to shift her eyes towards the door. Her eyes widened in realization before she begun placing her book inside her bag and stood up, slowly stretching her limbs out, a groan escaping her lips as soon as they hear them crack. She fixed the comforter neatly to the side and swung her bag over her shoulder before walking towards their door. Upon opening it, she immediately saw Jasper leaning his back against the driver's door with his infamous smirk, sending butterflies into her stomach.

She sent him a soft smile before she peek back into their house. "Dad! Jaz is here!" She called out. She looked around, waiting for her father to reply.

"Be safe, you two! If Jasper can hear me, you better take care of my kid, alright? Anyway, love you sweetie!" He yelled back, earning a smile from her. She chuckled and closed the door right behind her and walked up to Jasper, who currently had his arms crossed against his chest.

She neared him and stopped right in front of him with a big smile etched on her lips, Jasper tilted his head to the side in confusion, yet Madelline only continued giving him a smile. He was about to ask her why when she suddenly leaned in and planted a soft kiss on his cheek, catching him off-guard. Jasper bit his lip, trying to contain his smile as Madelline pulls back, a red tint on her cheeks.

"Good morning darling," Jasper greeted her.