twenty

'✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹

The Cullens stood side-by-side just by the stairs as they waited patiently for Bella to descend the stairs with Edward. Murmurs filled the living room as they engaged themselves in conversation until it gradually died down when they heard footsteps and the clicking of heels at the top of the stairs. 

Alice, who stood between Bella and Edward, had her arms looped with the celebrant who had her mouth wide open in surprise upon seeing them dressed up.

"I'm sorry for all of this," Carlisle apologized as he neared Bella who walked down the stairs, hesitancy filled her steps. "We tried to rein Alice in," he followed and gave Bella a quick hug.

Esme chuckled and followed, hugging Bella next. "We all know it's impossible."

Alice pulled out Bella's camera and took it as an opportunity to capture Bella and Edward's photo were distracted by their family. The flash caught Bella's attention, causing her to turn around and cover her eyes.

"I saw it in your bag, do you mind?" Alice smiled sheepishly at her as she held out the camera toward Bella who shook her head in reply.

Emmett walked up toward Edward and crossed his arms against his chest as he, too, watched their family engage with Bella. He glanced at Edward who had his eyes trained on Bella, a fond smile painted across his lips. He gave him a slight nudge and sent him a knowing smirk.

"Dating an older woman... hot."

Madelline accidentally heard this and looked up in their direction, a giggle escaping her lips at Emmett's teasing. If Edward could blush, his face would have heated up almost immediately at his brother's teasing. He only rolled his eyes at him and nudged his sides back, rather harshly which slightly made Emmett lose his balance.

"Kids, really," Rosalie muttered with a disbelief smile as she stood beside Madelline and Jasper.