thirty-eight

outfit on top!

"Scotch on the rocks please," Madelline ordered. The boy behind the counter looked at her with hesitation written all over his eyes. Madelline internally groaned, knowing the reason behind his hesitation. She sighed deeply before looking directly into his eyes.

"Get me and the wonderful women with me our drinks, will you? the hardest if you must," She compelled. A triumphant smirk made its way to her lips when the boy's eyes dilated, a sign of successful compulsion. The boy walked away to grab them their drinks as Madelline made herself comfortable on the bar stool. However, an uneasy feeling washed over her upon noticing several eyes on her.

Rosalie, Alice, Esme, and Bella looked at her with pure wonder in their eyes as they watched how Madelline practically had the boy be at her beck and call as he get them their drinks. Their eyes were wide as saucers with their mouths agape, still staring at Madelline.

"What?" she chuckled upon seeing their facial expressions.

"How did you do that?" Bella asked, amazement lacing her voice.

"Do what?" Madelline feigned innocence, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion as she leaned her cheek on the palms of her hand.

"That compulsion thing!" Alice exclaimed.

"It's one of the abilities that I have."

The boy came back with five shot glasses with a bottle of their hardest alcohol and one glass of Madelline's scotch on the rocks. Mellow tunes played in the background, almost as if lulling the girls into relaxing their night away. Fortunately, the place wasn't packed—just enough for them to talk comfortably without worrying about their image and if there were prying ears.

"To Bella's upcoming immortality, I guess?" Madelline raised her glass. Bella couldn't help but chuckle and shake her head before raising her own as well, the girls following right after. The girls clanked their glasses with one another, small shrieks and screams of delight escaped their throats, their eyes twinkling in happiness.

"So," Alice started, placing her glass down on the counter before facing the hybrid in front of her. her eyes were filled with such excitement, her hands intertwining together as if she was attempting to control it which made Madelline stifle a chuckle at how adorable she looked. "Can you tell us more about your abilities?"

She shrugged as she poured herself another drink. "Well, I can control elements, I can compel people, as well as, I'm telekinetic and an empath too."

"Yeah, I agree. Your features were more defined and your physique is comparable among other vampires," Esme acknowledged as her eyes traced her features.