forty

Everyone was busy, to say the least. All were trying to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones before they have to face their reality.

The Cullens were busy with each other, same goes with Sam's pack. Meanwhile, Madelline Smith was only learning by then how to manage her time efficiently with her three families. On the other hand, Jace Wayland went back to Brooklyn because of his "duty calls."

After spending a lot of time thinking about it, Madelline and Jasper decided to take a small vacation—with permission, of course, particularly Elijah's who was a bit adamant about allowing his daughter and was a bit tempted to come along but decided otherwise. 

Madelline loved Maldives and Boracay to the bottom of her undead heart. The serene was incomparable to any other places she'd been and she swore to herself that she would visit it once everything calmed down. Jasper would often smile unknowingly at how peaceful his girlfriend's face was every time they would sit outside and bask in the sun. He knew she needed this more so than anyone.

One of their shared adoration was visiting historical places and museums. Madeline was head over heels for every object that has antique designs or even ancient sculptures with a hint of modern touch. Jasper, however, loved all the places they visited but he could not deny his favoritism over the hybrid currently standing beside him with her arm looped around his waist.

She remained oblivious to Jasper's lingering stares as her eyes were busy wandering around, her hazel eyes were filled with excitement and happiness despite being unfamiliar with the place she was in. Jasper was amazed, yes, but he had seen all of this more than a decade already and this woman beside him remained the most wondrous out of all the things he has seen.

Amidst their vacation, Jasper Hale found out about the wonders of social media, thanks to Madelline. Safe to say, his interest was piqued especially by this particular app named Instagram.

To end their night, Jasper rented a whole cruise just for the two of them. He guided Madelline aboard, placing a hand on the comforts of her back in case she falls. She couldn't help but gape at the beautiful interior with a fascinating view of the skies that showcases different hues of purple and pink. The two of them sat down at the center, a small lamp just enough to spark a romantic vibe between them.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Hale."

Madelline's eyebrows shot up in surprise while Jasper felt himself heat up from newly found shyness within him yet played it off with a smirk.

"What can I get for the two of you today?"

Jasper watched how Madelline scanned the menu, eyebrows furrowing in concentration as her lip would often purse. He could only shake his head at himself and his thoughts.

"Goodness, woman. What did you do to me?"

"I'll have strip steak frites with béarnaise butter, how about you, Jaz?"

"I'll have red snapper with citrus and fennel salad. Also, one of your finest wines, please."

Their waitress smiled and nodded as she wrote down their orders. The moment she left, Madelline looked around the place in disbelief. "You seriously rented the entire cruise just for us?"

"No, I have other people below this. Of course, darling," he chuckled, earning an eye roll from the woman in front of him.

"So," Madelline started, propping her chin on the back of her hands. "Edward plans to marry Bella?"

Jasper hummed and mimicked Madelline's position, making their faces a few inches closer. "Yes, that's his plan."

"How about Rose?"

"She didn't take it nicely but she does not like the idea of being in the way of her brother's happiness so," he trailed off and shrugged his shoulder.

Silence embraced the two after that with Jasper watching Madelline's face. The embers of the fire perfectly emphasized the greens and blues of her eyes, as if to lull him furthermore. A soft smile was painted on her lips, her hands gradually intertwining with Jasper's.

"I enjoyed today, love. Thank you."

Jasper only smiled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear before leaning in to plant a light kiss on the tip of her nose. "You do not have to thank me, darling. I will do everything to give you what you deserve and what will make you happy."

Soon after, their food came in along with their wine. Madelline would often smile amusingly at her boyfriend who seemed to not indulge in the food too much and would take frequent sips of his wine to remove the bland taste.

The entire night was filled with laughter and continuous bottles of wine as the cruise was filled with endless topics the two had. And of course, the romance that naturally comes out when you are in Paris and with the right person.

Everything seemed perfect.

hi, thank you for the 2k reads! tysm :( u made me so happy! pls do always take care of yourself guys! this chapter was only just a bonus, for madelline & jasper have time between themselves only. im sorry if this seems like rushed but my eyes are like drooping already even tho i still have a comeback to watch but anw i hope u enjoyed this chapter! this is the end of book 2 ♡

love lots ♡