chapter forty-two

"it is a far, far better thing than i do, than i have ever done" madelline started, reciting one of the literary quotes her mind can remember.

"it is a far, far better rest than i go to than i have ever known" jasper finished with a soft smile on his lips as he caressed her soft hair while looking up at the sky that looked more clearer than ever.

she only hummed while biting her lip as she tried to remember another quote that she possibly knows yet forgotten as of the moment, seeing as they didn't plan on having a literary quotes battle with each other abruptly.

"okay how about this, 'you have brains in your head. you have feet in your shoes. you can steer yourself any direction you choose" she started again, now with a dr. seuss' quote.

"you're on your own and you know what you know, and you are the one who'll decide where to go" he finished with a triumphant smile on his naturally red lips as he started to place his arm underneath him to support him while he looked at madelline with eyes filled with passion and warmth.

"whatever our souls made of.." she started again but was suddenly cut off when jasper held her arms above her, towering her with a soft smile on his lips as his eyes looked between her hypnotizing hazel eyes and her soft, plump lips that looked more red because of her biting.

"yours and mine are the same" he whispered and leaned in to place his lips against hers, melting within each other in soft harmony filled with passion and love for each other yet with such gentle that madelline loved.

she pulled away looking through her eyelashes as she looked at him with such emotion on her eyes. moments like this made her cherish every small things that happened in her entire life which she didn't paid attention when she was human. she realized how time already stopped for them when her immortality was triggered yet the memories slowly fades away with the time. and she knew, she didn't want to forget every moment she and jasper shared with each other.

"the quote didn't end with those" she tried to joke with a teasing smile.

"nooo don't ruin the moment" jasper pouted as he sat up and helped madelline sat up as well, eyes taking in the beauty in front of them.

they were hanging out by the meadow seeing as they were back again in forks  with yet another threat but they decided to take what little time they have into use. the relaxing ambiance of the meadow was calming and peaceful for the two vampires whose life was filled with the opposite. madelline leaned her head to his shoulder and sighed in bliss.

"i could get used to this" she muttered, still looking around. she was a sucker for nature, that she is. as if the nature heard her, the tulips danced around them softly as if they loved hearing those words from her. the breeze the meadow has blew softly against their skin continuously as if it was happy with their presence around them.

jasper can't help but look at his girlfriend's face as it pulled away from the recent position by his shoulder, seeing how her eyelashes flutter as the wind blew past them with such content on her lips while her soft chestnut brown hair flew away from her face softly, maintaining its soft waves. he loved everything about her, nothing was going to change his mind and he vowed to protect the girl beside him with his life even though he knows she was a lot more powerful than him and is capable enough to protect herself from such danger.

"marry me"

such words broke madelline out of her bubble as she looked at jasper quickly, he thought if she was more quicker he was sure her neck would have snapped. her eyes were wide as an owl with her mouth agape in shock as her mind tried to wrap itself to his words trying to understand what was happening.