thirty-one

'✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹

Jacob Black, despite having trouble accepting his newly found nature, finds himself easily adjusting to the frequent transitioning and the midnight patrols that became the sole reason behind his unhealthy body clock. Now he understands why Sam Uley looked at him with such expectance and he may not admit it but he was guilty of judging the older man too quickly. He was easily accepted into the pack with open arms and was the one who slowly helped him adjust.

There was one who stood out in particular, a certain raven-haired girl.

It was like any other day inside the Uley and Young household, wherein the pack spend their day off resting and lounging around without worrying about anything else other than enjoying each other's presence. It was fascinating how they were so comfortable with each other that they can go from wrestling one another to having one of their deepest talks regarding their plans for the future.

Madelline stands up from her seat, a chuckle escaping her lips upon hearing Embry and Jared's small banter once again. She bumped hips with Emily upon entering the kitchen before helping her with the dishes. She quickly glanced at the boys in the living room who were surrounded by tons of papers, too preoccupied with their studies to mind their surroundings. Yes, the boys continued their studies, courtesy of Emily and Madelline who in return helped Sam arrange their schedules so they could have time to rest, and do their responsibility in the pack while still being a student.

She exited the kitchen and went straight to their front porch, hugging the navy hoodie she had stolen from Paul's closet. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, the loud pitter patters of the rain filled her ears as the cold breeze flew past her body. It was pouring once again, however, unlike before she had grown to love the weather. There was a comfort within the gloomy skies and the petrichor that always comes after the rain.

She crossed her legs underneath her as she took a seat by the swing outside, softly rocking herself back and forth as she took in the view in front of her.

"Hey."

She looked up at the sudden voice just to see Paul standing by the entrance. Her eyebrows shot up in surprise at the sight of him wearing a hoodie which Paul immediately noticed, causing his eyes to roll playfully before he takes a seat beside her.