chapter forty-five

"so" madelline started, swinging her legs as she sat with the boys while munching away on the food emily had baked for them.

"leah, sam & em is in a love triangle?" she asked looking over at them.

"was" paul corrected, "well technically, they weren't. its just, emily is his imprint and he nor she can't do anything about it"

madelline nodded in understanding as her mind pondered over the word imprint, it was still fascinating to her how such two persons can be fated or destined to be with each other. for vampires, or if she can call herself that, it can be quite challenging seeing they have eternity to look for their mates. she was lucky, to finally meet jasper when she was human.

"how are you though?" she asked again as she leaned her head by jared's shoulder, all of them eating away.

"besides the fact that jacob kept on having his own monologue about bella, we're fine and getting fit" embry answered, shrugging his shoulders.

"fit?! aren't you fit already?" she exclaimed as she looked over to their bodies, seeing as how they looked more ripped than ever.

"sam's making us train more and possibly, run more around the perimeter" seth huffed, "my body can't take anymore" he whined and laid his body against the grass.

"oh you poor baby" she pouted and ruffled his hair lightly making him swat her hands away with a pout.

"did all of you imprinted on someone already?" she asked after leaning back to the back of the bench as her eyes stayed on seth with a small smile on her lips.

jared raised his hand with a smile on his lips as he remembered kim. madelline sees the smile and the vibe jared emitted as soon as he raised his hand, she was happy for him. she only hoped that the imprintee took it well.

"who was it then?"

"her name's kim" he answered.

she hummed as the name struck her familiar, "how are things between you both?"

"we're alright, kim wants to take everything slow and we're doing just that" he answered, looking at his hands with a smile.

the boys groaned teasingly as jared glared at them making madelline laugh out loud.

"stop making us feel more single" seth complained as he placed his elbows underneath him and raised his body to look at jared and madelline.

"hey, no girls for now" madelline pointed her index finger at him with a look making seth pout.

"but why" he whined, the boys laughed at the younger brother's actions.

"okay wait, i have a question" madelline started again.

"again?!" embry teased, madelline only bumped her shoulders at him and stuck out her tongue at him.

"real mature mads" paul teased making madelline groan and hit the back of his head.

"is it team up on madelline day?" she huffed before sitting up straight again.

"what's it like, you know... to imprint on someone?"

"well, no one can answer that besides jared" embry stated, "everyone's single besides the both of you"

paul and seth pushed him making him fall back besides seth before tackling him to the ground and wrestled with him while the two only laughed. jared looked at the girl beside him while trying to find the right words for imprinting.

"imprinting is like, this person's your anchor. the one that's holding you down, not gravity nor anything. they will become your everything, your world and you will put her before everything. their safety, protection, needs and wants" jared answered as much as he can while madelline only listened intently.

"so a lover??"

"well yeah but sometimes, imprint doesn't mean lovers and maybe it can suck for us, we still can be whatever they want us to be. a brother, a friend or a protector"

madelline only nodded as her mind understood everything what jared said, if it would be possible, it would probably hurt them a lot more than the imprintee if they would ever chose to have nothing to do with the imprinting part and she only hoped that these boys she was with, would be given a girl that they deserve so much.

"okay, enough of the serious talk, all of you needs a break" madelline stood up and saw a frisbee laying around beside the door, she leaned down to pick it up before turning around as she stand up.

"who wants to play frisbee?" she smirked as the boys stood up, looking at each other.

to choose teams, they played rock-paper-scissors ending up with madelline and paul against jared, embry and seth. they stood outside, far away from each other before throwing the frisbee.

they run around with smiles on their faces as they laughed, enjoying the time spent with each other. unbeknownst to them, emily and sam stood by the door frame with emily leaning her head by sam's shoulder with a content smile on her lips as she watched her family bond with each other. leah only stood by the backyard as she emerged from the woods, seeing them playing around.

"mind having another player?" leah shouted making them turn around, madelline ushered her over with a smile immediately taking leah by their side.

their day just went by as they played around, but as they played around the danger lurked around them. watching them, having fun and enjoying everything making her glare down at them and snarled.

"enjoy it while it lasts" the red headed vampire uttered under her breath before turning around and sped away as quick as she can before the hybrid notices her.

madelline noticed, she noticed of course with her hybrid senses tingling but she can't put emily at risk and her family — both of her family at risk. who knows what victoria has under her sleeves, she only stared at tbe woods where the red head previously was while the others continued on playing around.

she continued as if nothing happened and continued to play while her mind drifted away.