chapter sixty-eight ; surprise

(a/n madelline's outfit on the top! btw, im changing jace wayland to dominic sherwood hehe happy reading!)

"oh my.... i haven't been here for too long" madelline gushed as she and jasper looked around the buildings, walking at the familiar path they once took.

"maybe because we've been busy with our honeymoon that you suddenly cut off?" jasper sarcastically replied as he looked at madelline.

she looked at him gobsmacked and lightly hit his arm, "jaz! honeymoons are supposed to be one week only not almost one month!"

he grumbled under his breath before his bottom lip jutted out in defeat making madelline coo mentally. she sighed and stopped them from walking, she walked in front of jasper and held his arm, he looked up at her with his stunning amber eyes making madelline swoon once more.

"its not that i don't want to be in a honeymoon with you, hell if its possible i'll be in a honeymoon with you for eternity but duty calls us! we aren't just vampires anymore baby" she tried to explain as her hands moved up and down on his arm.

he nodded in understanding before placing his arm around her as they continued walking in comfortable silence with the busy streets of new york in the background.

"i know darling, believe me i know and i couldn't be more grateful because you gave me another purpose. i'm happy to lead and protect you, side by side. and i'm happy to see and know different kinds of supernatural beings, thanks to you" he said, looking down at her with pure adoration in his eyes.

she smiled softly, looking down at her black boots, tucking a fallen strand of hair behind her ear. as time passed by, she grew tired of the long hair and decided to cut it short which to her luck, looked really good on her. at first, alice and rosalie was worried because it mayhaps be one of her impulsive decisions but bella urged her on, so she only needed one support and it pushed her to chop her hair off.

"you know, you really look good in short hair" jasper blurted out all of a sudden.

madelline looked up at him, her face was filled confusion at the sudden compliment.

"huh?"

"its just, baby you know me. I'm a sucker for you everytime you wear a leather jacket and seeing you in that and with your short hair looking amazing on you, god i'm the luckiest man alive" he rambled, flinging his arms everywhere.

"you sap, i love you"

the two soon entered the all too familiar institute which madelline liked. she sneakily look around with just her eyes, analyzing the places. at first, the sensors went off and possibly notifying every person in the building but when it scanned the runes, it immediately went off.

she quickly pushed the door open, revealing tons of shadow hunters walking back and forth in the room. she smirked at the sight of them and wiggled her fingers.

"hey, long time no see guys"

the shadow hunters went into action, grabbing their own weaponry and raised it at the sight of her. she laughed and shook her head, flicking her wrist to the right sending their weapons back to where it came from. she's clean like that.

"relax, i'm not here to hurt you. don't you remember me?"

she showed her runes and demonic eyes, she smiled sweetly at them when she saw the recognition in their eyes. they immediately apologized before going back to their work. she went inside with jasper as she pointed out some things to him while explaining what they are use for and how they were made and more.