thirty-five

༊*·˚

Jasper was itching to get out of the vicinity as soon as Madelline left them to grab the shadowhunter a fresh set of clothes. Being around other people that he wasn't familiar with was not a problem for him, yet he felt something with the particular blonde in front of him, and he's yet to identify what those feelings were about.

Staring after where his girlfriend had exited, he wondered about her—everything about her and her wellbeing. At the moment of thinking, he wondered if he even deserved to call her his, claim her, and even receive her relentless love and loyalty.

"She was a mess, you know?" A voice interrupted his train of thought, catching his attention.

Jasper looked away and met his eyes; he was sure that Jace could practically see the gears inside him turning in every direction. The latter only tilted his head to the side, motioning toward the hybrid.

"I didn't know, of course. I was only here within a month or so? But the pack—"

"Pack?" Jasper interrupted with furrowed eyebrows.

It was no secret that their family wasn't fond of them, and the feud between species had been long embedded since before they were turned. He doesn't hold that much hatred against them like his siblings do, but it is undeniable that he is uncomfortable in their presence, and he's sure they feel the same way.

"Yeah, from what I heard, they've been friends with her for a while already; she's also considered one of their pack members already."

Jasper hummed and urged him to continue. Jace nodded briefly and poured himself a drink.

"Did you know she was a great cook?" he exclaimed, his widened eyes looking back at him with excitement. "She makes food every time she's at Emily's house, and let's not forget how much she loves coffee. I swear, I feel like she's an addict," he mumbled the last part, emitting laughter from the man in front of him.

"That she is." He chuckled adoringly at the thought of the hybrid. "Since she was a human, she would always carry around a cup of coffee. I couldn't really understand the fascination with the heart-palpitation-inducing liquid, but I decided to just leave her be."

The two blondes in the kitchen shared a laugh as they remembered the girl, before a comfortable silence surrounded them. Jasper stared mindlessly at the amber liquid in front of him while Jace grew interested in the mint chocolate cookies that sat on the marbled counter. Just as he was about to take a bite, he was surprised to meet Jasper's eyes.

"Can I ask something?" he carefully asked.

Jace, albeit confused, nodded as he took a bite out of the cookie. He internally moaned in delight and almost nodded in approval. Jasper seemed to be aware of this as he remained silent and waited for him. He couldn't help but blush in embarrassment before gesturing for him to continue.