chapter forty-four

a loud honk removed madelline from her small peaceful bubble inside the kitchen with a warm mug of coffee in her hand. she groaned, the laziness seeping through her legs even though she's changed already for the day. she kicked her legs childishly as she has a scowl on her face, placing her mug down and went over the door with a huff.

"glad to see you're delighted to see me darling" a southern accent pulled her out of her daze making her squint her eyes as she tried to see who was speaking.

there, stood in his glory, was jasper hale leaning on his car while running a hand through his blonde locks giving madelline a side grin making madelline's stomach flutter but she disregarded it and lightly scowl at him.

"are you aware that its only 6 am in the morning?" she huffed, crossing her arms against her chest and leaned by the doorway. jasper only chuckled at his girlfriend while taking in her appearance.

even though she was only clad in jeans and loose tshirt, she still managed to make everything so beautiful and so elegant. even now, he doesn't know how madelline could even manage to do that.

"i know that's why i'm giving you a peace offering so you wouldn't be too mad" he said before leaning down and grabbing madelline's cup of coffee against his hand.

her eyes immediately lit up at the sight of her coffee, "wait a damn minute, i'll just grab my jacket and finish my coffee" and then sped inside to finish everything.

jasper could only chuckle and shook his head as he walked by the passenger door to wait her. soon, she walked out wearing her black leather jacket that fitted her so well making jasper snake an arm around her waist and sneak a kiss to her lips.

"what was that for?" she asked, her morning frustration fading away as jasper's lips parted from hers.

"you just seriously look good in leather jacket, i can't help myself" he grinned and gave her coffee before opening her door.

"why thank you sir, such a gentleman" she winked making him laugh and threw his head back while closing the door. he sped to the driver's seat and went inside, putting on his seatbelt before looking at his girlfriend's eyes.

"good morning by the way" he smiled before driving out of her driveway, madelline could only smile as she drank her coffee, trying to hide her smile that was growing bigger and bigger as minutes passes by.

with jasper's driving skills, they reached the school within three minutes. managing to overtake some cars ahead, gaining a few swears and honks along the way. as they stepped out, they immediately smelt the familiar stink they have grown accustomed of.

they look up to see jacob standing in front of bella and edward who looked like they were having a heated argument.

"listen to you, did you lie to get her out of town?" jacob asked, fists enclosing as they continued as the two couple worried he wouldn't control his anger.

"just leave it, jacob" edward replied, already done with their conversation.

"are they talking about what happened in the woods?" madelline asked as she looked at jasper to which he only nodded as a response.

"she has the right to know since she's the one the red hair wants" jacob insisted, not backing down.

madelline could only roll her eyes, sensing their thoughts. the two won't back down unless bella starts to make a decision.

god, the power bella has on these two. she thought.

"victoria? is that alice's vision?" bella asked as her eyes shifted between them.