five

(a/n outfit is on the top. ♡)

Madelline came out of the door just in time when her car stopped in front of her. She tried not to slip while wobbling towards her dad. Elijah stepped out of her car and held his hand out with her car keys.

"Good to see you're not slipping there," his eyes glanced over the slippery step and back to her. "Got your tires changed to fit this road."

She checked out the newly changed tires and nodded gratefully at her dad. "Thanks dad."

"I'm off to work though so be careful Maddy."

"Aren't you a bit too early dad?" she asked, leaning on her car.

"There's this emergency at the hospital that says a man was attacked by an animal."

"Really? an animal?"

Her dad shrugged and walked over to his car door.  "We're not in Florida anymore Maddy," he stated before getting in. Madelline got inside her car and placed her bag on the passenger seat, locking the car doors before driving out of their driveway.

The drive to Forks High School was a bit messy because of the slippery floor and harsh rain that was hitting her windows harshly. Students quickly enter the school the moment they park their car just to get away from the rain, leaving muddy footprints across the hallways. She got inside her room, making her way to her table silently. The room was loud due to students chattering about random things. Madelline even caught on to what they were talking about. Her classmate was proudly boasting to her friends about losing her virginity to a some type of jock. What they replied though shocked her.

"Lucky you!"

Madelline doesn't have anything against them, but for her, they shouldn't be envy of things like those. They can always give their v-card whenever and whoever they want to, she only hope that they make sure to use protection and knows all about family planning. 

(a/n PRACTICE SAFE SEX EVERYONE AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT FAMILY PLANNING. NORMALIZE SEX ED TOO! anyways, back to the story ✨)

She brought out her book to pass the time since their Biology teacher was always late. Jasper walked over to his class with his hands stuffed inside his pocket. He was beyond ecstatic today because he and Madelline were seat mates again. It still surprises him at how such small things can make him giddy for the rest of the day.

As soon as he walked in, he saw Madelline sitting on her seat while hugging her bag close to her and a book on her hands. He slightly cocked his head to the side to spot the title and smiled when he saw. He walked over to her and silently sat beside her. He propped up his elbow on the table and leaned on it before looking at Madelline with a smirk.

"Good morning," he greeted. 

Out of surprise, Madelline suddenly slapped whoever greeted her with her book. When she heard a familiar chuckle mixed with a little bit of a groan, her eyes widened in realization and saw who it was.

"Jasper?"

"Hello, darling. Good morning to you too as well," he grinned at her, completely amused by her actions.