nineteen

After hours of discussion, Elijah agreed that his daughter would stay temporarily with the Cullens so that she may able to control her thirst. He believes that her demon side allows her to repress the urge to feed on humans, however, since she just transitioned it is still hard for her to control the desire.

Sun shone past the blinds, casting shadows in Jasper's room. The two lay entangled with one another on the bed as they engage in a never-ending conversation to pass the time since they could not sleep. Madelline laid her head against Jasper's chest, her fingers drawing patterns every now and then against it.

A gasp escaped her lips upon remembering something, catching Jasper's attention immediately.

"What is it, darling?"

Madelline's eyes darted towards him as if she was surprised he forgot it as well. "Don't you remember? It's Bella's birthday!" she exclaimed, standing up to remove the covers around their waist. Jasper slowly got up, propping his elbows behind him, and watched his girlfriend with a dazed smile as she ran around the room, in search of new clothes before she visit her friend.

He chuckled at her, earning her attention. She stopped at the center, hands placed on her hips as she raised an eyebrow at him. His chuckles ceased as soon as he saw this before a pair of clothes was tossed to his face. He removed it and looked down at it with confusion before he looked back to his girlfriend, his head tilted in confusion.

"Just wear it, Hale."

"I'm not Hale, darling," he said and stood up from his bed, walking towards Madelline who was currently rummaging through their closet. He stopped just right behind her and laced his arm around her waist to pull her closer to him, catching her off guard.

Madelline's breath hitched in surprise at the sudden closeness as she felt Jasper lean towards her ear and felt how his lips ghosted just on top of it.

"That's not what you call me. Do you want me to remind you?" he whispered and placed a soft kiss on the sides of her neck.

Her eyes widened at his words and she pushed him back, turning to send her boyfriend a playful glare. Jasper erupted in laughter upon seeing her glare and feigned innocence by raising his hands up in mock surrender.

"What I mean is, you usually call me love. What were you thinking, Ms. Madelline Smith?" he gasped. Madelline grabbed her slippers and was about to chuck them at him but failed to when he zoomed out of their room.

"Fucking hell, Jasper Hale. You're going to be the death of me."

"Maddy!"

"Alice!"

The two almost ran to meet one another in the middle. Madelline pulled away to hug Rosalie next who was standing just beside Alice who returned the hug with a soft smile on her face.