chapter fifty-five

after spending the day inside their room, they finally went out to carry out their plan. they made their way downstairs, catching emmett and rosalie's attention.

"done already?" emmett smirked at the sight of them, clearly having an idea of what kust happened.

"emmett" jasper called out, giving his brother a look making rosalie and madelline chuckle at their boyfriends.

"edward's waiting for the both of you with bella at the clearing" rosalie informed them, nodding her head at the direction of the woods.

madelline and jasper nodded before speeding away, hand in hand towards the clearing where edward is at the moment. they neared the clearing and slowed down, deciding to just walk in human pace while slowly rocking their arms back and forth with giddy smiles on their faces.

"hey, maddy?" jasper called out, his eyes observing his girlfriend as her face lit up with a bright smile on her plump lips that looked irresistibly kissable to the vampire.

"yeah?"

"i love you"

she smiled at the words and looked at him with fondness and awe in eyes, it was out of the blue but nevertheless, she loved it. she loved how jasper declares his love to her out of the blue. she didn't knew why, it may seem weird but it gives her comfort.

"i love you too"

they stopped several away from edward and bella as they saw jacob appear out of nowhere, without a shirt and only with shorts. jasper's eyes slightly rolled in annoyance which didn't go unnoticed to madelline's peripheral vision making her lightly squeeze his hand. ever since the party, jacob was the only wolf in sam's pack that jasper isn't fond of but the others were good and he was comfortable with them as well.

"you're not fighting? what? you pull a muscle or something?" jacob mocked, a smug look coming on to his face.

"he's doing it for me, okay?" bella breathed out, completely done with their problem.

jacob only looked back and forth between the two before looking at madelline, giving her a slight nod. he looked back at the two, shaking his head in disdain and stood straight.

"just tell me what the plan is"

"this field will give us an advantage in battle. we can lure bella's scent, but" madelline trailed off, "it needs to end here"

jacob nodded, understanding where she was coming from.

"edward and i are going to a campsite. but, even if he carries me they'll still pick up my scent" bella told him, furrowing her eyebrows in worry.

"your smell, however, is revolting" edward intervened.

jacob stepped forward while raising his eyebrows at him as if he was challenging him, "dude, you really don't wanna start comparing stinks"

madelline heaved and rolled her eyes, "god the testosterone in this place is just revolting" she muttered as she watches the two challenging one another.

"what he meant was, your scent will mask mine" bella rushed to explain, not wanting an another fight to stir up.

"done"

edward took a few steps back to the couple, looking at them with worry and hesitation, "this is a bad idea"

"trust me, this will turn out fine" madelline tried to assure him, placing her hand on his harm in attempt to send assurance.

"edward, they won't want to get near his... odor" he said, his nose scrunched up in disgust.

madelline gave him a look before looking back at bella and jacob, "let's test it"