thirty

'✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹

"Chris Pine looks so hot," Madelline gushes as she stuffed her mouth with cheese-flavored popcorn. Paul who sat beside her, shook his head vigorously in disagreement.

"Zachary Quinto looks way better," he countered, rolling his eyes at her before focusing back on the movie playing in front of them.

Madelline managed to convince Paul to do a movie marathon inside her house after a long day at work and, of course, tons of training squeezed in between. Much to her luck, Paul wasn't on patrol either so making him join her wasn't too much of a problem.

At the very moment, their next stop was Star Trek which arouses a debate between them whether who looks much better—Chris Pine or Zachary Quinto.

"No, but look at Zoe Saldana," Madelline waved her hand over to the said girl as soon as she appeared on the screen. "She's absolutely unreal."

"That I can't disagree with," Paul agreed.

She wiggled in place as she tried to find a comfortable position with her feet propped up on the coffee table and a bowl of cheese-flavored popcorn sat in between her thighs, securing it in place. When she managed to find the best position, her sigh of relief was soon interrupted by a loud howl that echoed around the house.

Paul was quick to place his bowl on the table with Madelline in pursuit. Madelline managed to turn off the TV before taking off.

The cold breeze immediately engulfed them the moment Paul opened her door. Anyone who would have peeked out their window and seen them running their asses off toward the forest would have immediately thought they were up to no good.

Their running eventually halted upon a clearing when a huge, russet wolf stood with shaking legs at the center while Sam, Embry, and Jared surrounded it. She saw how Sam held out his hand to reassure them that they mean no harm, however, the wolf seems unconvinced as he remained alert and continuously took a few steps back away from them.

"Maddy," Embry gently called out to her, his eyes trained on the wolf. The two slowly walked toward his side, their eyes still remained on the wolf.

"Is that Jacob?" Madelline asks in a hushed tone as her eyes scan the wolf's eyes that seem to resemble someone close to her. Her question seems to get carried away along the wind as the pack remained cautious with their actions, afraid to further stress out the wolf.