chapter fifty-one

madelline carefully led bella inside with carlisle immediately greeting them and helped madelline. edward followed closely while jasper sped towards the direction of madelline's scent, surprised at her sudden visit.

"its just a small fracture, as far as i guess" madelline told carlisle as bella stood before carlisle. he started to bandage her up after cleaning some wound while emmett and edward stood by them with rosalie sitting idly behind them with a magazine on hand.

"trying to walk and chew a gum at the same time, bella?" emmett asked, grinning towards her direction.

"i punched a werewolf in the face" bella said, sending emmett a smirk making his grin more wider.

"bad ass!" emmett praised, clearly impressed at bella, "you'll be a tough little newborn"

"tough enough to take you on" she teased gaining a harsh reaction from rosalie.

the blonde threw the magazine by the coffee table beside her and walked out of the deck, bella followed her with her eyes that was filled with confusion while looking back to emmett.

madelline looked at jasper and sighed before leaning shortly to his chest with him wrapping his arms around her waist, immediately comforted at her scent as he placed his chin on top of her head.

"don't worry about it" emmett said to bella after noticing the slight concerned look bella has.

"did you find any leads?" edward asked at the couple who stood silently by the corner, looking over at them while still wrapped up in each other's embrace.

"no sign of intruder. but victoria keeps on making appearances" jasper answered.

"twenty bucks she's behind all of this" madelline muttered, eyes going dark at the thought of the red head vampire.

"she's playing us, trying to keep us distracted" carlisle stated, noticing her patterns.

madelline turned towards to jasper giving him a kiss to his cheek, "i should check up on rosalie"

he nodded and kissed her forehead, "i'll be here"

madelline only smiled and followed her best friend who's out by the deck and staring mindlessly at the woods. rosalie heard the door open and close behind her making her slight tensed shoulders relax after noticing madelline's scent.

"you alright?" madelline asked, placing a hand at her shoulder.

rosalie looked at her and heaved a deep breath before wrapping an arm around her shoulder while madelline wrapped hers at her waist, leaning at her shoulder.

"i'm sorry" rosalie uttered, looking down at her, "its just. she's taking her human life for granted"

madelline didn't speak, knowing rosalie must get all of this out of her chest. she knew where she was coming from and not judged her for it, she completely understood why rosalie was so against of bella turning into a vampire but regardless, she knew it was bella's decision.

"she has a choice but we didn't you know? i get it mads, believe me. if you want to be with someone forever, you have to live forever but from what it looks like, she's too rushing this" rosalie ranted and huffed rolling her eyes while shaking her head.

"maybe its just, bella's love for edward is driving her to do this and maybe i think everything's too fast but i guess that's bella and her decision is quite made" madelline shrugged, not knowing how to perfectly describe bella at the moment.

suddenly, they heard light footsteps behind them making rosalie and madelline pull away with a slight groan coming out of rosalie's mouth. madelline only chuckled and patted her back.