fourteen

"Dad?"

Elijah looked up from his workload and saw his daughter standing by his doorway, all dressed up. He took off his glasses and leaned back to see his chair, intertwining his fingers in front of him.

"Yes? Are you going somewhere?"

Madelline shifted her weight from her right foot to left foot as she looked down to her feet while fiddling with her thumbs. "Yes?" She answered, hesitation lacing her voice.

"With who?"

"Jaz and his family."

Elijah's mouth formed a small 'o' before he nodded and started putting on his glasses on back again. "Alright. Don't come home too late, okay? If you will, make sure to text me and I'll come pick you up. Also, text me if something happens," he told her.

"Really?"

Elijah nodded and focused back to his work. "Yeah. I'm procrastinating sweetie so just close the door behind you when you get out," he said and started working. "Also, be safe."

Madelline smiled and chuckled silently at her father before quietly exiting his office, shutting the door quietly behind her and made her way back to their living room to grab her jacket that was hanging on the back of the sofa. She exited their house but not before locking the door behind her.

Jasper stood right outside of the driver's door with his back leaned against the door and hands stuffed inside his jean pockets. A smile immediately crawled its way up to his face at the sight of his girl and stepped away from his car to near her. He met her halfway and held his hand out for her to take, when she took it, he leaned down to plant a soft kiss on her knuckles before leaning towards her to peck her on her lips.

"Mr. Smith allowed you?"

"Yup, you really have a brownie points on my dad," she narrowed her eyes playfully at him. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders, feigning innocence as he led them towards his car. He opened the passenger's door for Madelline, who is right behind him and still had her eyes narrowed at him.

"Come on, darling. Maybe your father loves me that much, I mean... aren't I that loveable?" He stated as soon as he got in and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at her.

Madelline only snorted and rolled her eyes at him, causing him to laugh out loud at her reaction before he turned the key inside the ignition and started driving out of their driveway and towards their destination.

"So, where are we going?" She asked as she eyed their surroundings. "Please don't kill me here, at least kill me when it's sunny."

Jasper threw his head back as he laughed, shaking his head at his girlfriend. "Why sunny?"