chapter forty-one

he walked outside of the grill with a content smile on his lips, his mind replaying the events inside his mind as he decided to go home until he noticed the harsh rain pattering against the asphalt, falling down harshly as minutes passes by. he sighed and placed his leather messenger bag above his head to attempt to cover himself from the rain as he made his way back to his home in darkness as lights in the streets continued flickering much to his dismay.

all of a sudden, a silhouette passes by which didn't passed by riley biers' eyes but was too fast for his human eyes to caught on to. he looked around in panic as he attempted to see whoever it was through the harsh rain. the silhouette passed behind him with a loud whoosh with his head snapping quickly to the source of the sound. his eyes looking back and forth in frantic as he attempts to see whoever it was.

"who are you?" he tried to ask in a strong voice but the fear in his voice failed him as he felt the wind going cold against his pale skin.

"what do you want?" he tried to ask again, but it was too late when he noticed that it was a mistake as he was thrown harshly away with his back hitting against the brick of a wall. his forehead ended up having a small gash on it with a small blood dripping out of it.

the creature behind the silhouette can feel itself growling at the sight of it with teeth snapping against each other as the sweet scent entered its nose.

riley stood up, holding his shoulder, the feeling of the agonizing pain crawling to his arm as he tried to look around. there was no one in sight, he was in panic as his mind failed to process the situation. the silhouette, now run around him but this time - it was a lot more closer than the previous making him run towards the grill where he was at but the silhouette ran in front of it making him look back and run the opposite way and towards to the dock.

he stopped when he saw what was the end, deep water that looked more darker and deeper than the usual because of the weather. he stopped abruptly and looked back behind him as his eyes darted from his left and right trying to see whoever was chasing him.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" he shouted, his voice was tired and defeated knowing he couldn't run anymore.

with one quick swoosh, he felt an excruciating pain by his hand. he immediately looked at it seeing a bite mark, the pain suddenly felt as if it was burning him from the inside out making him scream out in agony as his knees felt weak making him kneel while holding his all of a sudden bitten hand by his chest as he tried to scream out the pain.

the pain was too much for him making him lay his back down with screams filling the silent night, yet no one noticed the screams as he continued to hold his hand against his chest with no one to help him.

thank you for the 4k reads guys and for those who continued to vote, thank u so much & pls be safe always! have a blessed day!!