chapter forty-six

she enjoyed her day as much as she hated the idea of following bella, as she neared their street, she caught a scent coming from bella's house. her eyes immediately snapped towards the source of the scent and stopped the car by the side, luckily their house was just right there.

she instantly spotted edward talking to bella and sped towards them just in time for edward to notice the strange scent coming from bella's house.

"someone has been here" both of the vampires growled, eyes turning black as they sped upstairs with bella hurriedly following after them.

they stopped by bella's room and flung it open, the harsh scent of a vampire swirling around the room like a tornado. madelline and edward immediately searched around the room, trying to see where the vampire has been. madelline held the dream catcher against her hands as the scent of the vampire stuck to it as well.

he must have held it. she thought.

she and edward looked at each other with knowing looks on their eyes, she walked over to bella and held her forearm lightly.

"let's get you to edward's house" she said, bella nodded and looked over to edward. he led them both downstairs while madelline talked to charlie.

"hey charlie, i'll just bring bella to edward's" she said with a smile on her lips as she looked at charlie.

"make sure she's safe okay? you too as well, i don't want anything happening to you as well" he said, he took madelline in a surprise as he hugged her. he treated madelline as his own daughter as well, she has this kind of vibe that she can pull in anyone to her even with just a snap of her finger.

"someone has been orchestrating this" carlisle muttered as he leaned towards them with his arm placed on his knees.

"victoria?" bella asked, her eyes darting over them.

"no, i would have seen it" madelline said, "i have been watching her as well"

"it has to be the volturi" edward spoke up as he remembered his time with them and what the leader of them has been thinking.

"i don't think its the volturi" alice said gloomily as she looked at edward.

"so we keep looking" emmett said.

"we'll take turns guarding bella's house" carlisle spoke up after listening to his children.

"another protection detail?" rosalie said, glancing at bella with dark eyes before turning back to carlisle as she crossed her arms against her chest.

"rose" madelline softly called out to her while carlisle looked at rosalie with a look in his eyes knowing rosalie would get it.

"no, she's right. i mean, you can't protect me and my dad and searched for the intruder" bella agreed as she noticed the black eyes the cullens' has she looked at them one by one. only madelline differed but her once bright hazel eyes has darken as well.

"and for victoria" rosalie added.

"and keep yourselves fed"

"i'm not leaving you here defenseless" edward said, his tone in his voice raising as he looked at bella.

"eddie, calm down" madelline said as she rubbed edward's back soothingly, "you won't be leaving bella defenseless, she's right. we can't protect her and her dad if we haven't fed, we don't have the strength"

"i'm not gonna let you starve edward, and i wouldn't be unprotected..." she trailed off, "i have... i-i"

"what?" edward snapped.