chapter fifty-six

the clearing was silent, too silent for anyone. the place was filled with snows, the temperature was higher than before — luckily, bella has her own jacket compared to the others who only wore clothes where they could fight comfortably.

just by the woods, stood madelline and jasper besides the pack. the cullens stood not far away behind, mentally getting ready for the battle. worries filled their mind, edward can sense it even if he wasn't with them. they could only hope no one would get hurt.

madelline and jasper's hands found their way to each other unknowingly, seeking comfort with each other's touch. jasper looked at the girl beside her, thoughts filled with many things. he wasn't afraid what could happen to him, but to her? she was a different topic. he cared too much for her to be put into any danger even though he fully knows she is capable of protecting and defending herself.

"hey" he called out to her softly making her divert her hazel eyes away from up front and looked at him, "no matter what happens, be careful alright? don't forget our training"

madelline nodded as his hands cupped her cheek, giving warmth to her skin making her sigh in content.

"don't get yourself killed, major" she smirked up at him before her head quickly shot up as she and alice looked at each other with alert eyes.

"they're here, we can hear them" alice muttered, her eyes looking at the front.

"get ready" madelline warned the pack, their head shot up at her warning as they slowly walked back, away from their sight. she nodded at them before she and jasper stepped forward. they stood at the center, beside carlisle and esme, getting ready to fight.

their ears perked up at the sound of rushing footsteps, madelline's runes quickly lit up as she activated her runes that could help her in the battle. her eyes switched between black and red, both using her abilities.

the newborns sped in front of them in a flash, snarling at the instant sight of them. simultaneously, they ran at the sight of them both taking their own stances and defenses as they fought side by side.

jasper's hands quickly found their way to the newborn's neck, his major side instantly coming out at the sight of them as he radiated power and control. madelline's hands twitched as vines made their way to the field, striking four newborns straight at the neck. she smirked at the sight before snapping her wrist to the right, slicing their head off clean.

emmett rushed at the newborn as he slammed one before he quickly snapped the other newborn instantly, catching her by the surprise. alice, graceful as ever, speeding over the newborns tackling them down easily while snapping their necks and body parts easy as pie.

in the right time, the wolves came out just in time catching the newborns by the surprise as they emerge behind the big boulder, canines going straight to their necks. series of growls and snarls can be heard from the field.

if someone was watching them from far away, it is a quite spectacular view. wolves and vampires working in harmony to defeat enemies. who would have possibly thought that wolves and vampires — complete and utter nemesis from the start, working in harmonious way besides each other.

victoria's eyes could only dart back and forth at the sight, terrified of the possible outcome of the fight. she shook her head and decided to go through her plan, not once giving a thought to whoever's lives was lost.