chapter forty-eight

"police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer"

the cullens' residents sat around the living around, eyes intent on the tv as they watched the news. bella and edward entered the room calmly while madelline skipped, excited to see her boyfriend again.

jasper's once worried face lightened up after seeing madelline. once near enough, he lightly grabbed her arm and pulled her to his lap and kissed her temple.

"did you enjoy there darling?" he softly murmured against her hair as his hands softly rubbed circles on her arm.

she hummed in response and sink herself more to his embrace, finally relieved that she's back to his embrace.

"look who survived the dog park" emmett said while grinning at bella, "do you need something for those flea bites?"

madelline reached over behind jasper's head and lightly smacked the back of emmett's head making him glare at her. she only raised her right eyebrow at him before sticking her tongue out at him, he only copied her action while jasper and rosalie lightly laughed at their interaction.

"seattle?" edward asked, pertaining to the news.

"its getting worse. we're going to have to do something" carlisle stated, eyebrows furrowed in concentration while his facial features are tensed up.

"alice and mads still hasn't had gotten any visions about who's behind all of this" edward said.

"so we track him down and kick his blood thirsty ass" emmett exclaimed gaining looks from his family making him pout.

"what? i'm bored as hell" he whined, madelline chuckled at him and shook her head.

"its too dangerous, these actions. it looks like a doing of..." madelline trailed off as her minds searched for the right word.

newborn.

edward's head suddenly snapped to look at madelline and jasper's direction with slightly widened eyes, realizing they were possibly right as he connected pieces and pieces of what they have gathered.

"jasper and madelline are right. it makes sense" edward said in realization.

"what is it?" alice asked.

"tell us jasper" carlisle followed, now sitting up straight to listen intently to the two.

"it takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting, quite a few more" jasper told them.

"they're undisciplined, conspicuous and possibly lethal" madelline followed.

bella only looked at them in slight surprise, madelline had gotten a bit of accent in her voice while jasper's southern drawl was evident on his voice as he explained.

"newborns" alice realized as she listened to them.

"what... l-like baby vampires?" bella asked but corrected herself, "i mean new vampires"

"in their first months after their change, that's when were the most vicious and uncontrollable. our blood thirst are out of control" jasper explained.

"but why isn't mads like that?" bella asked, her eyes darting towards madelline.

"i knew since i was a human, i didn't like the idea of feeding off of humans even though its in our nature plus i'm a hybrid darling. the demon in me helps control my blood thirst" she answered, winking at her direction.

"something to look forward to" emmett butted in, smirking at them with fist colliding with his opened palm.

"no one has trained these newborns but this isn't random" jasper continued as he analyzed the situation more.