Chapter 26-Sidious

You felt the wind pushing against you as you sped to where Rex said Ahsoka went missing. You kept urging your jet pack to go faster despite it already going at top speed.

When you found the big hole leading to the underground, you flew in and landed next to Rex.
"Where is she?" You immediately asked.
"General, we tried to search for the Commander, but it's no use, we can't navigate the tunnels," Rex explained.

You looked at him, ready to demand they search again but you saw the desperation in his eyes. Ahsoka meant a lot to Rex too, this was going to be hard on both of you.

You took a deep breath, forgetting your anger and shook your head.
"I'm such an idiot," you said.
"General you're not an idiot, you're one of the best Generals out there, even when you were a Commander," Rex said.

You were about to thank him when his comm started beeping.
"That's her!" You both said at the same time.
"Come on men!" Rex said as you and him dashed into the tunnel followed by the clones.

You began to slow down as you heard a familiar voice get louder as you got closer to Ahsoka's beacon.
"That's him," you whispered.

Maul was circling around Ahsoka as she faced him with her lightsabers drawn.  Your hand travelled to your lightsaber that hung at your belt. You put it away before you launched out of the palace to avoid dropping it, and in your rush to find Ahsoka, you forgot to take it back out.

You used your helmet to try to listen in on Maul and you froze when you heard his voice. Maul's voice was like ice in your mind. You clutched your head and grit your teeth as Maul spoke one more time.

"Darth...Sidious," He said, and you gave Rex the signal to attack.
You tried to follow the clone troopers, but your legs gave out due to the shock of hearing Maul's voice and you fell to the floor.

You closed your eyes and sat on the ground forgetting where you were and what was going on.  You were jolted out of your daze when you heard the sound of lightsabers connecting.

"Ahsoka," you said and grabbed your lightsaber and running to the opening.
Ahsoka had her blades connected with Maul's while Rex and the rest of the clones shot at the Mauldalorians.
Maul picked up Rex with the force and flung him over to where Ahsoka was standing, knocking both of them over into a wall.

You ran over to them and helped Ahsoka up.
"You okay?" You asked.
"Yeah," she said. "Let's go."
You followed her as she and Rex split up and ran down two different tunnels.

You and Ahsoka used your lightsabers to see as you followed the Mauldalorians.
Ahsoka pointed at a figure running down a tunnel, so you ran towards it followed closely by Ahsoka and a few clones. You turned the corner with your blade raised and almost stabbed a too familiar face.

Rex skidded to a stop and stepped back from your lightsaber.
"Sorry Rex," you said and deactivated your lightsaber and hung it on your belt.
"It's alright General," Rex said as Ahsoka faced you and Rex.
"We lost them," she said.
"Yeah," you said putting a hand on her shoulder. "Sorry 'Soka."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You, Bo, Rex, and Ahsoka all gathered around a holomap that was projected by a droid. A hologram of Obi-Wan joined as you all debated what the hell you had to do next.

"Maul mentioned something else," Ahsoka said deep in thought.
"What?" Obi-Wan asked.
"He said a name," Ahsoka brushed her hand next you yours. "Darth Sidious?"
"Who is that," you asked.
"I suppose I should tell you," Obi-Wan said.

Rex sent the droid away and they stepped closer so Obi-Wan could speak without anyone overhearing.
"Darth Sidious is the Sith Lord that has orchestrated this war from both sides," Obi-Wan said.
"So he is the cause?" You asked.
"Yes (y/n)," Obi-Wan looked down.
"He basically said that (y/n)," Ahsoka said punching your arm lightly.
"I'll get you back for that," you said smiling and punching Ahsoka's arm.
"Ouch!" She said and pushed you away.
You smirked and grabbed her, tickling her until Ahsoka was laughing and squirming in your grasp.

"I'm sorry to interrupt the fun," Obi-Wan spoke. "But I need to speak with Ahsoka and (y/n),"
"Go check on the soldiers," Ahsoka said to Rex.
"Yes Commander," Rex said before walking out of the palace.

Bo stayed behind, waiting for you to say something.
"It's okay Bo," you said. "Go."
With a nod to Obi-Wan, Bo ran out of the palace.

You and Ahsoka looked at Obi-Wan with confusion.
"(Y/n), I have set a day for you to have your Jedi Trials," Obi-Wan said.
"Why couldn't you have said that with Bo and Rex here?" You asked confused.
"Because I also need to speak with Ahsoka, and I know you have a difficult time leaving her," Obi-Wan said.
"Wait so now I need to go?" You asked.
"I'm afraid so," Obi-Wan nodded.
"I'll see you later?" You turned to Ahsoka.
"Yeah," Ahsoka lightly touched your hand.
"Bye Master," you said not turning around.

When you exited the palace, Rex was giving orders to his troops. You walked up to him just as he sent away the clones.
"Hey Rex," you said.
"General," Rex straightened when you walked up to him.
"At ease soldier," you said grinning.
Rex relaxed and turned to you grinning.
"The war is almost over," You said. "I can feel it."
"We can all go back to Coruscant soon?" Rex asked.
"Yeah, and you can do whatever you want, and I'll become a Jedi Knight," you said.

Rex looked at you for a second before speaking.
"I think I still want to stick around with the Jedi after the war," he said. "I mean General Skywalker and Commander Tano are like my family. Including you and General Kenobi." Rex grinned at you.

"That's good," you said putting a hand on his shoulder. "You and the 501st are like our family too."
You and Rex smiled at each other and you wished that it could always be like this. You were quickly approached by a clone who stopped at you and Rex and stood at attention. 

"General, Commander!" He said shakily. "We found something!"
"Rex, go get Ahsoka," you said to the Commander.
"Sir yes sir!" Rex saluted and ran into the palace.

You watched him run off before you turned back to the soldier.
"Where are we going?"

Okay, so the final votes led to "A" being the winner so yay! Starting next week I'll release three chapters a week, but if I have a problem, meaning I don't finish a chapter in time, I'll let you guys know and you'll have it when I finish. Anyways bye!
-Snips