Chapter 56- The Darksaber

You spotted Ezra stop practicing and walk back over as if just realizing that someone else had joined the merry band of Jedi trainers.

"What's going on?" he asked Kanan.
Then he turned and noticed you.
"Uh, hi," you said awkwardly.

Ezra gave you a defensive look and walked away. You understood his reason to be so defensive, the last time you saw him, it was the ride back from Malachor. You yelled at him and blamed him for Ahsoka's death. Of course you regretted it now, but at the time, your anger was the only thing controlling your actions.

You approached him slowly and stared at him.
"Yes?" Ezra asked crossing his arms.
"Uh Ezra, can we talk?" You asked.
"I don't have anything to say to you," He responded.
"Look, I'm really sorry Ezra," you said trying to look him in the eyes. "I was really angry at everything and I wasn't controlling my emotions, you didn't deserve what I did to you."

"It's in the past," he said avoiding your gaze. "I don't care."
"I know you care," you said. "I'm a Jedi, remember?"
"Padawan," Ezra corrected. "Like me."
"No," you said. "I met another Jedi in my isolation and he allowed me to become a Knight."

Ezra looked at you, curious for a moment, before he remembered that he was supposed to be mad at you.
"Great for you," he said sarcastically.
"Ezra, I don't deserve your forgiveness, but please, don't act like this," you said. "You lost your parents, you know what it feels like to lose someone you love, I was overwhelmed by it all and I took all my anger out on you, I'm truly sorry."

You looked at Ezra one more time, before you crossed your arms and walked away from him.
"Wait,"
Ezra's voice stopped you. As you turned to face him, he gave you a slight smile before speaking.
"I forgive you, (y/n)," he said. "It's okay."
You smiled and nodded at him before you joined Kanan and Fenn Rau where they were standing.

"You talked to him?" Kanan asked.
"Yeah," you said. "He forgave me, I don't really deserve it though."
"Everyone deserves forgiveness," Kanan said to you.
"Sometimes I feel like it's you teaching me," you smirked.
"Well you're not the most mature Jedi I've met," he said.
"Well at least I'm a Jedi Knight now," you said.
"Yeah, that part I heard," Kanan said. "Who was the Jedi?"
"Can't say," you said. "Privacy reasons."
Kanan nodded.
"Excuse me, I have to meditate," Kanan said getting up and walking away.

Ezra walked over and sat down in Kanan's seat before facing you.
"I get that you and Sabine are both Mandalorian so it makes sense for you to teach her, but there's another reason, right?" Ezra asked you.
"This blade has a lot of history," you motioned to the Darksaber that was now clipped at your belt.
"What kind of history?" Ezra asked. "Maul said that it was Mandalorian but that's all I know."
"You found this in Maul's lair right?" You asked, just to make sure.
"Yes," Ezra said. "He told me not to touch it, but I examined it, on the wall above the lightsaber was a picture of a women, she looked like this."

Ezra proceeded to grab a stick and draw in the dirt, you immediately recognized the women and it all clicked.
"I knew that Maul had the Darksaber, I always meant to go retrieve it, but I never got around to doing it, especially after Ahsoka left," you said. "But I had no idea he made some sort of memorial or crap for her."
"You know who this is?" Ezra asked.
"Yeah, Satine, Duchess of Mandalore," you said. "Maul killed her when he took control of Mandalore when I was sixteen."
"Did he use that?" Ezra pointed to the blade.

"Yes," you unclipped the blade from your belt and stared at it.
You could feel all the death that came from it, everyone's destroyed lives.
Ezra noticed you staring at the blade and looked at you confused.
"You know a lot about that blade, right?" He asked. "Like more than most Mandalorians?"