SO 𒊹︎︎︎ Dad

In which Peter called Tony dad.

May is alive here.

Peter has an internship and is spider-man.

• • •

Tony Stark has always been known to be a narcissistic, egotistical, and self-absorbed man. That's mostly what the people who just met him for a meeting in Stark Industries say. Some of his employees also thinks he is like that and didn't quite like the man but they never said anything.

That's what they only assume he is.

Maybe Tony was just lucky to have Pepper Potts in his life, she was the only woman and person who got along with his personality. She was with him throughout the pain and laughter and he loved the woman.

But maybe it wasn't just Pepper that lifted up his spirit, someone else in his tiny group of close friends has been there to keep him company and revealed his softer sides and showed him the true Tony Stark.

It was Peter Parker.

Tony didn't know why but the moment Peter entered his life, it was more brighter and livelier. Of course he never got to tell the kid how much he meant for him. But the way he acts around the kid made it obvious that he cared for Peter. He accepted the fact that he was a part of his journey now.

"Hey mr. Stark! Sorry I'm late, I was helping Ned with a project he has been working on." Peter smiled brightly as he entered the workshop. Dropping his bag with his suit in it by the comfy couch Pepper placed in the room--'cause sometimes Tony doesn't sleep at all so she thought the couch can be a tiny help with that problem.

"I told you it's Tony, kid." Tony rolled his eyes as he continued on designing a new suit for Rhoedy on his holographic screen.

Peter chuckled as he sat on a stoll and started working on a new watch he's making. But it's not just any ordinary watch, it can do a lot of helpful stuff. One of which is the tracking system it has. As Spider-man, he often gets to places he doesn't know so he added in a place recognition in it.

"How's school?" Tony asked after a minute of comfy silence.

"Oh it's been alright." Peter replied as he focused on the item. Eversince he started visiting the compound, Tony has been trying to have a conversation with him to get to know him better. Peter liked it anyways and it makes him happy that his mentor actually cared about his boring life.

"Anything new happened?" Tony asked not breaking his eyes off the holograms.

"The food in the canteen is now better since the old lunch lady retired." Peter replied.

"That's good." Tony nodded. He just enjoyed listening to the kid talk.

After that, the comfy silence embraced them again. They enjoyed the sounds of the holograms make and the tapping on the screens and they loved the smell of motor oil present around them. Also the smell of Pepper's perfume that lingers around the couch. When she's not working--which is occasionally--she'd stay in the workshop with them, seated on the couch, scrolling through social media, like any typical millennial mom nowadays.

Did Peter just thought of Pepper as his mom? He wondered about it sometimes. Because Pepper has been treating him like a son to her and he loved it. Since his parents passed away when he was around seven, he barely had spent time with them. So he misses the feeling of having parents to care about him and all.

Well May Parker was like his mom, but she was his aunt, it was still different from a mother's love. Sure she thinks of him as her own but Peter still longed for someone to take the role as his mother. He thinks Pepper suited it well.

Peter stopped working on the watch and glanced up to Tony who was still too engrossed with his work. Now that he thought about his parents, he sometimes wonder about Tony. Does the man too think of him as his son just like how he thought of Tony as his dad?

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah Pete?" Tony replied rather casually, not realizing what had slipped out of Peter's mouth by accident.

"Oh--shoot sorry." Peter widened his eyes, too late in realizing his mistake and covered his mouth. Mentally cursing to himself.

Tony stopped working to only realized also.

"Huh." He had a small smirk on his face, his eyes glistening with adoration. "What did you say kid?" He turned to Peter, locking his eyes on the boy who looked rather nervous.

"Sorry T-tony it slipped." He chuckled awkwardly.

"No it's alright, I like hearing you call me that, son." He replaced his smirk with a warm smile eyeing the kid with pure fatherly love and it warmed his heart.

"O-okay." Peter blew off some air and smiled sheepishly. "I thought you said I should call you Tony?" He joked.

Tony shook his head with a smile and turned back to his work.

The silence engulfing them once more but this time it was more warmer and cozier.

"Dad?" Peter called out again after a few minutes.

"Yes son?" Tony replied, still working.

"Nothing-- just wanted to try it out again to make sure it was real the first time and to get used to it." Tony laughed at what Peter said and offered him to eat dinner with him and Pepper later on that night.

Peter will sure need to get used to calling his mentor dad for now on and he was happy that Tony thinks of him as a son as well.

_._

A/n: Heyy I know this is quite short but I hope you liked it! 💕