Prologue

A hellhole of a place where the murderers run freely, rapists have whores, and the police are inferior to it's people. The Underground City — where the sun does not shine, where the weak dies and the strong lives.

It's a filthy, rabid community perfectly made for the people who matches it's description.

But not everyone down here deserves to suffer such horrid environment.

I'm Severine Yaruno, and this is my story.

-S-

"Farlan, no fair!" shouted Isabel, reaching for an apple that was raised up high by Farlan.

      "You had your share, Isabel," snickered the dirty-blond boy, "Levi and Sev hasn't eaten yet."

      Isabel pouted, her wide, green eyes flickering to Levi who was just calmly sipping his favorite black tea while playing with his knife. "Big Bro just wants tea, right Levi?"

      The raven-haired man only darted his steel-blue eyes at the giddy girl and returned his gaze back at his knife.

      "Well, Sev." Farlan said, turning to me.

      "Just give it to her." I sighed, standing up. "I'll get going now."

      "Already?" Isabel and Farlan said in unison.

      I nodded, ruffling their hair as I passed by. Levi stood up and hid his knife inside his boot, walking towards me.

      "I'll walk her home," Levi spoke monotonously as he opened the door for me to step outside.

      "Alright." Isabel muffled with an apple in her mouth.

      "Stay safe you two!" Farlan said waving his hand before Levi closed the door.

We descended down the small staircase and walked the streets of the Underground City. Turning to different alleys, avoiding fights, and ignoring the fat merchants.

      "You don't always have to do this, you know." I started, kicking a dead rat as I waited for his reply.

      "That bastard might try anything again," he replied flatly.

      "He won't," I mumbled.

      "Are you sure you won't move in with us?" Levi said with a slight concern in his voice.

      "I can't leave my father alone, Levi."

      "He's no father." He stated coldly.
I only sighed, knowing what he said was true. My hands found its way inside my pockets as we continued walking for half an hour until we were finally able to reach the cobblestoned steps of the place I live.

      "Thanks, Levi." I said, facing the emotionless man.

      He nodded and walked away without saying another word, disappearing into the dark corners. I sighed deeply, slowly opening the door, careful not to make any sound. As I stepped inside, I was greeted by three men, all had a maniac smile on their disgusting faces.

      "Where were you?" growled a haunting face that belongs to a man I called my father.

      "I was just stealing some food," I lied calmly as he stepped forward.

      "Wrong answer," he sneered, grabbing a handful of my hair forcefully.

      I gritted my teeth to suppress the pain being dragged on the floor against my own will. Warm tears started flowing down my cheeks as I have to suffer another night. He threw me on the bed, hitting my head against the wall.

      "You were with your 'friends' again," he mocked, gesturing for the two other men to enter the room. "Who was that boy with you huh? So you have a boyfriend now without letting me, your father, know?"

      "H-he's n-not my boyfriend!" I yelled in between tears. "P-p-please d-don't do this. . ." But he fell on deaf ears for my pleads.

      He took both of my hands and wrapped it with a rope. I sobbed endlessly, praying for all of this to end. I crawled to the corner but he pulled me back, pulling my pants down.

      "No, no, don't, please!" I cried desperately. Then one of his men walked closer, grabbing my face roughly with his filthy hands.

      "If you're not gonna stop squealing," he warned, placing his rotten lips on mine forcibly.

      I closed my eyes, unable to do anything. More tears fell out of my eyes as I felt extreme pain from the man thrusting himself in and out of my body while the other was painting his saliva all over my face.

Help me. . .someone please. . .