Chapter 15

-S-

Eren stood back beside me and so did Conny, Thomas, and Sasha.

      "It d-disappeared a-again," stuttered Eren.

      Then we heard footsteps approaching us, we turn around to see the advance squad landing infront of us.

      "You cadets, head back to quarters at once!" Shouted the squad leader.

      I held a stoic face as we nodded to each other. Then we started to run--

      "Sara Wielth," he grabbed my shoulders, "You are to fight with us as ordered by Commander Shadis."

      I faced him emotionlessly, lips parted. "Sir, I'm just a cadet with no experience."

      "You will now."

      Eren approached me, pulling on my shirt. "Sir, why are you--"

      "As ordered by Commander Shadis." He firmly spoke as Eren lets go of my shirt.

      I nodded my headed, facing the titans below us, "Head back, Eren. I'll be fine."

      Eren furrowed his eyebrows and nodded, then he jumped over the wall without saying another word.

      These are the normal titans? They don't look that terrifying as what others said.

      "Wielth," said the squad leader. "I don't know what the Commander sees in you, but don't drag us down."

      I clicked my tongue, ignoring his words as I jumped over the wall.

This is it.

      I breath deeply, closing my eyes as I fell downwards and into a group of three titans. Relax, just endure it. I thought and opened my eyes. I gritted my teeth as I tightened my grip on the blades, then I saw the first titan below me.

      I clicked the gas, accelerating downwards, slashing the nape successfully as I swooshed by.

      "My first kill. . ." I mumbled, watching its blood on my hands slowly evaporating into thin air. "That felt good. . ."

      I shot up to my next titan, swiftly slicing my blade across its weak spot then it fell to the ground.

      "GAHHH!" I shot my hooks in each titan, slashing every single one that stood in my way. Blood and sweat sticking to my skin as I took another one down near the houses.

      I continued slashing every titan with ease, cleaning up the whole area I was assigned to. And before I knew it. . .thirty-four titans were all taken down, by me.

      "Filthy," I retorted, standing back atop the wall. There seems to be no more titans in the city. . .but more just keeps coming from the outside.

      I turned to the other side of the wall, wondering how the others handled it.

      But the land was filled by human blood. Corpses were laid in the land, some in a titan's hand; they were all wiped out.

      "So much for being 'advance'," I snorted. Then I heard a few footsteps landing behind me, only to find they were the Garrisons.

      "Are you the only survivor?" asked the man.

      I nodded, not taking my eyes of the land.

     "Head back to quarters quickly and report everything."

      "Yes sir." I saluted and ran off while they started deploying the cannons.

I hurriedly barged in the quarters, seeing all the cadets lined up as a man was speaking infront. All eyes turned to me, I stood straight and kept my calm face as I saluted.