Chapter 22

-S-

The next day came with me suffering from nightmares and panic attacks the whole night. I ran out of pills, and Boss still hasn't responded to my letter. I groggily shuffled through the sea of people in the mess hall, looking for the table where the others sat.

      A few minutes later, Reiner raised his hand, telling me to come sit with them. I sighed, walking towards their direction until someone spoke from behind.

      "Where are you going?"

      I stopped upon hearing Levi's voice then replied, "With my friends."

      "Tch. Everyone should sit with their respective squads."

      Reiner and Jean continued waving their hands for me, but Levi's intimidating presence from behind made me shook them away.

      "Those friends of yours are still not assigned to a squad until next week," he said boredly, "they get to sit wherever they want."

      Then I heard him walking away. I turned around, seeing Eren calling for my name loudly. I followed Levi to the table as he settled in his own seat while I sat in between Eren and Eld, just plainly staring at my food since I lost my appetite.

      "Sara," Petra's voice beamed, "Congratulations for making it into the Special Operations Squad!"

      I flashed her a fake smile, then Gunther spoke.

      "We can't wait to see how well you do in the tests today," he said.

      Then the old looking man beside Petra whose name was Oluo clicked his tongue and cockily spoke, "It's just luck that you're here, I don't even think you're leveled with me."

      "Oluo!" Eren shouted, "You still haven't seen her--"

      I held Eren's shoulder calmly, shaking my head then he sat back down and mumbled, "You might as well bite your tongue."

      "I don't think you can even take down a titan on foot Oluo!" Eld laughed, making Oluo stand from his seat.

      "Bastard of course--"

      Blood splattered on his plate as he bit his tongue harshly. Everyone around the table except Levi and I laughed loudly, making Oluo shrink back in his seat.

      Bunch of idiots, I thought to myself, It's hard to believe Levi survived years being in the same team with them, Isabel was enough annoyance for him.

      "Come to think of it. . ." I muttered to myself, "I haven't seen Isabel and Farlan. . ."

      After breakfast, I was called by Hanji to proceed in the training grounds for the test. I walked casually alone, then I heard a group of footsteps behind me.

      "Go for it, Sara!" Eren yelled from behind.

      I sighed, ignoring the squad's presence. Then I stepped outside, the sunlight hitting my face. I surveyed the area, there were cadets sparring with each other, there were large trees for 3DMG training and a bunch of training equipment around.

      An arm slung itself around my small frame and I instantly knew who it was.

      "You never told us you're already on a squad!" Sasha exclaimed, taking a bite of her potato.

      "Y-you're in the Special Ops!" Conny shouted with amazement in his eyes.

      "Congrats, Sara," Christa said shyly as I only nodded in response.

      Everyone continued talking around me, probably coming here to see me do the test.

      "Oi Wielth," Levi appeared from the side, making everyone turn their heads to him and salute, except me.

      Reiner lightly hit me in the back, whispering in my ear. "Why are you not saluting?"

      I clicked my tongue in annoyance, hesitantly raising my fist to the left side of my chest.

      "Follow me," he said as we all dropped our salutes. Then I trailed behind him, keeping a 7-feet distance.

      We stopped infront of the large trees; the other cadets, Erwin, Hanji, the other higher ups and him just behind me.

      "The goal is to slash as many dumny titans as possible," Hanji instructed.

       I tightened my grip on the blades, turning the tip sideways.

       I don't have to give my best; I don't want to give my best. I'm still in his squad eitherway, but acting weak and slow might make Erwin and Levi change their minds about being in the Special Ops Squad.

      "Act as weak and unmotivated as possible," I mumbled quietly.

      "Ready when you are, Sara!"

      Taking a deep breath, I shot forward. I zipped through the trees with my average speed as I darted my eyes right and left, then the first dummy titan appeared just a centimeter away. On instinct, I spun straight through it, cutting off the whole neck.

      I landed on a tree as I watched it's head fall off slowly.

      I didn't even exert much strength. I shrugged my thoughts off and continued maneuvering throughout the trees, slashing and slicing every dummy titan that abruptly appears. Luckily for me, my reflexes were more than fast to react, just perks of being an assassin trained under Boss.

      It's only been 5 minutes and I've already sliced a total of 41 napes and 7 heads off.

      "So much for taking it slow," I scoffed to myself, seeing the soldiers on the end of the forest; most of them had big smiles and eyes sparkling with awe.

       "You have made my friends happy, my dear Severine."

       My eyes widen as my father's taunting voice suddenly appears out of nowhere. Shit. Not now.

      "Useless daughter."

      "A sex toy."

      "GAH!" I shouted, trying to shut out the voices and snickers in my head. I gripped tightly on my hair with my hand while I ruffled my pocket with the other, desparately searching for my pills as I continued maneuvering in the air.

      That's when I remembered I already ran out of pills.

      "It's my turn to play."

      "You make me hard."

      "Stop. . ." I whispered, gripping tightly on my head. "P-please stop. . ." Tears suddenly rolled out of my eyes as I was slowly going insane. "Not now. . .I'll embarass myself."

      But the voices just keeps growing louder and louder. Not only my traumatic experiences with my father, but also memories of the trio.

      "The weak disgusts me. . ."

      My eyes shot open, eyebrows knitted as I gritted my teeth. "I am not weak."

      Suddenly, a titan appears in my way. I accelerated myself, going at a fast pace as I spun swiftly, cutting the entire head in the process.

      "I am not weak." I huffed, maneuvering to the finish line of people who held amazed faces.

       "I don't wanna be saving your weak and needy ass from time to time."

      I shut my eyes as a migraine started building up, and before I knew it, I was unable to grapple my hooks then I came falling down.