Chapter 41

-S-

What has Eren go to do with this?

      I turned to the man infront of me, confused. "Why does Boss want him?" I asked.

      "He's a dangerous kid because of his ability." Eric shrugged.

      "How did Boss even know about Eren and his ability?"

      "You know her; full of resources and connections," replied Eric. "Which is why, by the time I capture that Titan kid, you should already have the documents and the Commander's head, then we can flee together."

       He still doesn't know yet. I thought to myself, looking on the ground. Should I tell him? Knowing him, he'll most likely consider my decision.

       "No." I muttered.

       He instantly whipped his direction to me, bewildered. "What do you mean 'no'?"

       "I'm abandoning the mission. I won't do it." I said. "I can give her the documents, but I won't kill the Commander."

He blinked his eyes repeatedly, widening in shock. "Are you crazy?! You can't do that! Boss will kill you!"

      "Then tell me a good reason why I should."

      He paused for a moment, until nothing came out from his mouth.

      "That's what I thought," I sighed.

"Captain Levi."

"Huh?" I turned to him, confused.

"The Captain, he was the Levi in your past, isn't he?" He said in a serious tone.

I scoffed, "You remembered everyone—"

"He's the reason why you're holding back?"

"Stop jumping into conclusions, Eric." I retorted. "He's in the past."

"Then if you'd pick a person to be with, me or him?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I glared at him. That question caught me off guard. In all honesty, I'd still pick Levi. . .but that's not what I should focus on right now. I need to focus on starting a new life away from the corps and from Boss.

Suddenly, he started laughing while slapping his lap with his hand and ruffled my hair with his other. "You take things too seriously, you know? Did you know 'Severine' means 'stern' in French? The name suits you, Sev." He wiped his tears away, taking something out of his pocket.

"You can't call me that here." I grumbled.

"Here," he placed a small bottle in my hands. "I hope you didn't have any breakdowns while waiting for me to give you this."

I look down on my prescription pills, taking it as I quickly hid it in my jacket. I then stood up with him walking behind me, whistling joyfully.

       Eric sticked to me the whole day, which aroused rumors within the other cadets, until eventually dinner came, we separated and went to our respective squad tables.

       From the corner of my eye, I would notice Eric occasionally turn to look at me, making me growl in annoyance. And from the other direction, I could feel Levi's hard gaze on me.

        I decided to ignore them and eat my dinner peacefully.

"Hey Sara," Eren nudged me with his elbow.

I groaned, turning to him with a glare. "What?"

"You and Eric look good together."