Chapter 33

-S-

"Severine," mom cooed as she stroke my hair. I sat in a chair, facing the mirror whilst she prepared me for a stroll in the market for my 14th birthday. "No matter what happens, just know that I'll always love you."

      "Me too, mother!" My cheery 14 year old self cheered.

      Mom loved me unconditionally despite being her daughter by her biological physcho of a brother; despite being a child born out of incest, she cared for me and protected me from her brother -- my father.

      "Always do the right thing," she whispered.

      "I heard father killed his friend, isn't that bad?"

      She nodded, a tear running down her cheeks. "That's why I don't want you to end up like him."

      "How do I know if I'm doing a good thing or bad thing, mother?" I asked.

      "You can feel it, darling. You'll feel what's good and bad."

      I turned to her, confused. Then I nodded, seeing father enter the room from the reflection of the mirror with a maniac grin. He yanked mother by the arm as screams and desperate pleads came out from my mother's mouth. Father held a knife, raising it up--

"I'm honestly flattered that you chose me for this mission Boss but, there are other better assassins than me," I said rather bluntly at the woman infront of me.

      "That's not true, Severine," she laughed calmly. "We all know you're our best, next to me of course. However, your weakness always gets the best of you. If you won't accept this, you'll know what'll come to you."

      "Tsk, I know that. So what's this mission above ground? And why would it take so long?" I asked boredly.

      She leaned forward, a smile stretching across her face. "I want you to join the Cadet Training Corps that will start two days from now."

      "What the hell? Why would I need to join some training camp for the weaklings?" I knitted my eyebrows.

      "For the sake of not arousing suspicion."

      "What do you mean?"

      "The real mission starts when you join the Survey Corps and there you'll meet Commander Erwin Smith," she grinned.

      "What about him?" I tilted my head.

      Boss handed out a folder as I hesitantly took it, "Those are the informations on what documents you have to steal that are most likely found in the Commander's office. This will be your last job under me, do it well, you'll be paid the bigget amount I've ever given, citizenship above and you can finally start a new life."

      I rolled my eyes, "Why waste 2 years training just for me to steal papers?"

      "Like I said, this will be your last mission, so enjoy your time there. And stealing documents is not the only mission."

      "Then what is?"

      "Bring me Erwin Smith's head."

I jolted awake, panting hard, suddenly a stinging pain hits my abdomen as I moved. "Shit," I cursed, gritting my teeth.

      "Don't move," I turned my head to the voice. It was Levi, sitting in a chair as he sipped his tea.

      "Where am I?" I asked.