Chapter 31

-S-

THE DAY OF THE 57TH EXPEDITION

The moment I stepped outside the walls and into the titan territory, all I managed to say was 'Not bad'. The vast land was exactly what people has been describing the outside world, still it does not change the fact that staying within the walls will very much guarantee your safety.

      You're not here for sightseeing ,Sev. Stay alive and complete the mission.

      I boredly face the path ahead of us as our horses galloped through the forest. The sounds of hooves were the only things audible, until loud footsteps started approaching our direction.

      "What the hell--" I turned around, eyes slightly widen as a female titan charges towards us at full speed, killing any soldier that gets in her way. "W-what a strange. . .titan."

      "Heichou, what are we gonna do!" shouted Petra.

      "Give us your orders Captain!" yelled Gunther.

      "I'm gonna cut that bitch!" Eld exclaimed angrily.

      "More soldiers are dying, we need to do something!" Eren cried worriedly, making me roll my eyes. "Captain we need to help them!"

      I turned to Levi who led the squad, completely ignoring my squadmates' rants. I can't die here. I have a mission to complete. I continued facing forward as the desparate cries for help got louder as more soldiers got massacred. "She's not eating them, why?" It was the first time I've heard of a titan that doesn't eat humans, aside from Eren -- "Unless she's just like Eren. . ."

      She's a shifter.

      So who's controlling?

      "Eren you promised to only transform when told!" screamed the ginger-haired woman.

      "But if we don't act now, many more will die!" Eren shouted back as he brought his hand up to his mouth.

      "The greenhorn hasn't been speaking. Which side are you on?" Oluo spoke with annoyance as I felt all eyes on me, even Levi's.

      I faced them coldly, meeting Eren's terrified green orbs. I clicked my tongue, "I don't care. If he wants to break that promise, let him. If you don't want him to, then don't let him. It's just a matter of which ever side wins, I don't really care anyway. If it crush us, it crush us. If we die, we die."

      Oluo growled, unsheathing his blades as he pointed towards me angrily. "Take that back!"

      "Sara how can you say that!" Petra yelled at me in disappointment.

      "I thought we were a squad! How can you not agree with us!" yelled Eld.

      "I never wanted to be in this squad in the first place." I snarled impatiently, watching their dismayed reactions. I gritted my teeth as my knuckles whitened from the strong grip on the reigns.

      "S-S-Sara. . .how can you say that?" Eren stuttered.

      "Just make your damn decision, Eren." I said calmly.

      "You aren't wrong, Eren."

      We all whipped our heads as Levi finally decided to speak.

      "If you want to, do it. He truly is a monster, and it has nothing to do with his titan power. . ."

      I clicked my tongue in annoyance, facing to the road ahead of us as I shut everyone's voices out.