Chapter 46

-Third Person-

"I can't seem to convince her."

       A low growl came from the woman, frustrated and furious. "If you can't, then I'll have it my way."

       The brunette perked up, slamming his hands on the desk. "Just promise not to hurt anyone! Please!"

       "If you would've done your task, then maybe I'd consider."

        "Do not involve them in this! This was my mission and I'm at fault. . .just don't hurt her. . .and also the two."

        Then the woman laughed, puffing out smoke from her mouth as she threw the cigarette butt on the ground. "I'm just kidding! Jeez, you're too attached to her."

         "I swear, if you hurt any of them—"

         "Alright, alright." The woman sighed, smirking, "I won't hurt any of them."

-S-

"You've been awfully acting different this past week," Eric commented, eyeing me up and down. "I know why."

"Shut your mouth."

He leaned in, smirking as he whispered. "You got together with that Captain of yours!"

Suddenly I felt blood rushing through my cheeks, making me push him away while he laughed. "No, I'm just nervous about leaving."

"Heh? You're lying."

"How would you even know I'm lying?"

"Your right eye twitches when you lie." He pointed out, poking my cheek as I brushed it off. "I'm happy that you're happy, Sev."

I rolled my eyes, not saying a word as I stood from the ground. The sky was painted a beautiful color of orange and pink, hovering over us that I seldom notice, then I found myself staring at it with admiration.

Never knew the sky has always been this beautiful. I thought to myself.

"And now you acknowledge things," Eric spoke up, walking beside me. "You changed ever since you and him had your 'closure' and it's only been a week. But I kinda like this side of you, not that I hate your old one but I prefer this more."

"Just say what you have to say." I grumbled.

       "We're leaving tomorrow."

       I stopped in my tracks, lips parted as I turned around.

       "Tomorrow. . ." I mumbled, biting my lip. "Alright. I'm ready to leave, I assume you have a plan in mind?"

        "Woah, that was easy," Eric tilted his head.

        "It was the plan right? I was ready to leave anytime. But I enjoyed my time here while it lasted." I sighed.

        The truth is, I was never really that ready to leave ever since Levi and I started dating a week ago. But saving the twins was always my top priority, even if it means leaving that one person who's always been there for me since my worst days.