Chapter 23

Heyyy! I'm really sorry for upadting very very late, the reason is I had to continue another fanfiction that I started months before this book. But I have decided to atleast update one chapter per day, so here it is!

(I will be using Severine instead of Sara in the 3rd person point of view)

-THIRD PERSON-

Everyone gazed in awe as they watched Severine fly through the trees, slashing anything that comes her way.

      Even Levi was left awestruck.

      She has gotten stronger, the raven-haired man thought, watching her zipping towards their direction with incredible speed.

      "Shadis wasn't exaggerating then," Erwin mumbled beside him, clearly impressed.

      "She's almost as fast as you Shorty!" Hanji beamed as Levi only shook her off.

      "Something's wrong," Levi muttered under his breath while his eyes squinted at Sev who was holding her hair with her hands as if something was distracting her.

      He could see her mouth moving to speak but he couldn't make out what the words were. Levi widened his eyes as a dummy titan suddenly appeared infront of her, thinking she was too distracted to dodge and cut it.

      Everyone's eyes widen when she spun at an inhumane pace just a second away when it appeared. She successfully cut its entire neck, making the head fall to the ground.

      Then she continued maneuvering forward, but Levi was too observant to notice something was wrong with her.

      Sev held the side of her head as Levi noticed her hooks were ungrappled.

      "Sara!" yelled Eren and Jean as they saw the raven-haired woman falling down.

      Levi quickly flew from his spot and maneuvered as fast as he can, not minding the amount of gas he used up. His heart raced together with himself, avoiding branches as he caught up with her.

      And when she was just about inches from landing, Levi swooped down just in time and carried her bridal style to a nearby tree.

      Levi watched her closed eyes with tears running down her face.

      "Oi brat," he said stoicly.

      "I'm not weak. I'm not weak. I'm not weak. . ." Sev mumbled to herself, but just enough for Levi to hear.

      Levi's face softened, seeing her face upclose in so long. Of course you aren't. He said in his mind, biting his lip as guilt rushed through his body. He remembered those words he said 6 years ago that he didn't know she took it by heart.

      Sev slowly opened her eyes as her quiet mumbles slowly died down. Her glassy eyes met Levi's, then she quickly shook it off and slapped his arms carrying her small frame.

      "I can handle myself," Sev said stubbornly.

      Levi had his emotionless face back again and spoke in a low voice, "Tch. You're reckless."

      Sev stood up and turned around, quickly wiping away tears. He saw me crying, she thought, I'm showing weakness. Sev returned to her usual calm state upon seeing Hanji and Mike arriving just in the tree infront of them.

      "Are you okay?" Hanji asked worriedly. "You look pale. I'll take you to the infirmary then we'll continue later-"

      "I'm fine!" Sev snapped in frustration.