Chapter 6

-LEVI-

The next day came abruptly without any interaction with her the whole night; she only talked to Farlan and Isabel during breakfast, completely ignoring my presence.

      I shouldn't have said those words to her.

      As we agreed, no one greeted her until dinner, and there we will tell her about the mission.

      And we can finally reach the surface.

      Farlan, Isabel, and I stood by the door, strapping on our gears.

      "We'll be back later, Sev!" Isabel beamed. "We have a supri--"

      Farlan quickly placed his hand over Isabel's mouth and whispered. "It's a suprise for fuck's sake, Isabel! You were about to tell her."

      Sev only chuckled as she watched the two bickering with each other. She waved her hand at us, then her eyes met mines.

      I held a stoic face and looked down, avoiding eye contact. "Let's go." I said as we stepped out.

      We walked for a few minutes until we finally reached a rooftop, looking over the stalls. I turned to the two beside me, nodding our heads. "Take as many as you can get, especially the ones she loves," I spoke as we readied our gears.

      Then we jumped off, grappling our hooks to different buildings as we we swooshed by every stall.

      "It's them again!" shouted an angry merchant from below, "Call the Military Police!"

      I smoothly swooped down and got what I needed then maneuvered back up as Isabel and Farlen regrouped beside me. Farlan had a bag full of fruits while Isabel's had the ingredients we needed to make her favorite meal.

      As I got lost in my own thoughts, Farlan shouted beside me.

      "We got company!"

      I turned around seeing five men trailing behind us with maneuver gears.

      "It must be the Military Police," Farlan muttered.

      I furrowed my eyebrows, tightening my grip on the gears. A wall stood infront of our path, leaving us nowhere to go. We steadied our feet as we appraoched the wall, bending our knees while we rebounded.

      That gave us time to maneuver back to the path we passed, and as I freely bounced of the wall, that's when I saw a certain crest.

      "The Military Police still haven't learn their lesson, haven't they?" Isabel bragged with a cheeky smile. "That was a cool line, right Bro?"

      "Are you an idiot?" I retorted emotionlessly, "It's not the Military Police. The Wings of Freedom, it's them -- the Survey Corps."

      Farlan and Isabel's eyes widened in shock and confusion.

      "B-but this was supposed to happen tomorrow!" Farlan said, "We can't get ourselves caught now!"

      "Farlan's right Big Bro!" Isabel yelled, "What about Sev? We still have to get back to her and celebrate her birthday. . .then we'll tell her about this mission that was supposed to be done tomorrow!"

      I clicked my tongue, frustrated. They're right, it's a mission for all four of us. We can't leave her; I can't leave her. . .I gritted my teeth, exhaling sharply. "You know what to do, don't let yourself get captured."

      They nodded, smiling confidently, then we parted ways.

      I maneuvered down a dark path, leading straight to an abandoned building. I kept running and grappling from time to time, trying my best not to get caught.

      I just hope Farlan and Isabel have made it back to the house.

      I emerged to the light once again, still hearing two people chasing me. I purposely ungrappled my hooks, making myself fall to the ground, but then one of them came from above me.

      My eyes widened, knowing I have no time to grapple my hooks. I unsheathed my knife, catching it mid air as I countered every attack he made.

      I backflipped, trying to kick him in the process, then I found myself stuck to the wall. It's a dead end. I gripped tighter on my knife, blocking his attacks with his blade, but I let my guard down and found his blade ready to slice my head off.

      No, I won't let this happen.

      I continued struggling as he pressed the blade deeper, then I stopped, eyes widened. Farlan and Isabel also got caught, their hands secured with handcuffs.

      I slowly let go of my knife, letting it fall to the ground.

      "You're quick to read the situation." Said the person infront of me; slowly taking off his hood to reveal a man who happens to be in his early 30's.

      He dragged me to where Isabel and Farlan knelt, making me do the same as they cuffed my hands.

      "You're skilled with the 3DMG," said the man from before, "How did you learn it?"

      None of us answered, then he walked infront of me.

      "You're their leader I think, where did you learn to use the 3DMG? Were you trained in the military?" He asked once more.

      But I still didn't open my mouth.

      He sighed and nodded to the man behind me. I then felt my hair being yanked harshly as he thrashed my face into the puddle infront of me.

       I closed my eyes as the filthy water painted my face; one of the worst that could happen to me. He then yanked me back up, mud water dripping all over.

      "W-we learned it by ourselves!" Farlan shouted.

      "Let Bro go!" Isabel yelled.

      "Self thought, I see." Said the man.

      "Yes! You people wouldn't understand the struggle of living to drink sewer water."

      He faced Farlan, then faced back to me and knelt. "I'm Erwin Smith. What's your name?" He asked.

      I seethed my teeth, "Levi."

      "Levi. . ." Erwin repeated, "What about we make a deal? Lend me your strength, you're crimes will go unpunished. Join the Survey Corps."

      Join the Survey Corps? Our eyes widened. "And if I refuse?" I challenged.

      "Simple. We'll call the Military Police, and you won't be treated very nicely."

      I growled lowly, thinking about Sev. "Fine, but we have another one," I said.

      "Sorry, Levi." He said firmly, "We only have space for three."

      My eyes widened as my lips parted. No, this is not happening. . .I can't leave her.

      "Maybe we can come back for that friend of yours when the right time comes." He said.

      I turned to my side as Farlan and Isabel were in tears. They yanked us up and led us out.

      I'm sorry, Severine. I broke my promise.