Chapter 48

-S-

Betrayers are worse trash.

       Just when I gave all my trust on the man that has been by my side for four years; the man who just confessed his love for me, and the man who said he'll do anything to protect me and the twins. . .that man is a betrayer.

       I weakly scanned my surroundings, head aching immensely from the strong smell of bleach that caused me to pass out.

       Where am I?

       Both my hands and feet were chained to a wall, making it impossible for me to move. I'm inside a small, empty, dusty room with no sign of light anywhere except for the two candles by the metal door.

        Then the door swung open, and three people stepped in.

        A familiar blonde, a brunette with blue eyes, and an unknown stout man beside the woman.

        "You bitch." I hissed at Boss who stood with a calm posture as she slowly walks towards me. "You killed Matthew! You deserve to die! Go to hell you bitch!"

        She only sneered.

        But nothing hurts me more than seeing my own partner siding with my enemy.

"Fuck you, Bericht." I growled at Eric.

"Don't call me that." The brunette mumbled, looking down to avoid my deathly gaze.

Eric Bericht. Or what he preferred more, Eric — since he too hated his family and refused to be referred by his family name. I was the only one who knew his full name, not Boss and not the twins, just me and he trusted me, just like how I trusted him.

"I hate you, you bastard. You two-faced scum. I wished you just died, I should have just killed you when we sparred. . .but I'll kill you. I'll kill all of you!"

I screamed with a hoarse voice, biting hard on my scarred lip to stop myself from crying.

         Eric stayed silent and just stared at the ground with a neutral expression. Boss stopped infront of me, bending down to my level as she grabbed my chin in her slim fingers along with a devilish smile plastered on her face.

        "What did I tell you about defying my orders, Severine?" She spoke like a slithering snake; voice mixed with venom and evil intent.
"Do you regret it now? You should've gotten me Erwin's head, but turns out you're the one who received a head instead."

         I gritted my teeth, spitting on her as my saliva landed on her face.

         How dare she mentioned Matthew.

         SLAP!

         I hissed in pain from that stinging hit as I didn't leave my gaze on the side.

         "Eric." I brought myself to mumble, noticing him perk up at my call.

         He grunted in response, still not meeting my gaze.

         "Were you also involved in killing Matthew?" I continued.

"I know I betrayed you, Sev, but I promise, I'll never do anything to hurt you three. Believe me." Eric replied softly.

Lies. I gritted my teeth in anger. Fucking lies.

"I hate you." I mumbled as tears fell from my eyes. Eric had the look of regret and despair in his face as if never wanted this in the first place, but I'm not gonna be fooled again by him. He's a betrayer. I won't ever forgive him.