Chapter 28

-LEVI-

We rode for 15 minutes now, until  finally the castle was in view. I slowed down my horse, letting the others behind me come first as my horse falls back unexpectedly beside Sara's. Throughout the whole trip, she has been looking on the ground, completely ignoring everyone around her even Eren who tried talking to her.

     I sighed deeply, makin her completely aware of my presence. I noticed her tensed up, but she still continued looking down. "You're cleaning the whole second floor alone, brat." I reminded her stoicly.

      "Yes sir. . ." Sara mumbled, still staring into space.

      "Tch."

      She's hiding something. I thought to myself while I studied her features closely. I just noticed there were more scars in her neck, more bruises on her arms, and more pain in her eyes.

      It was obviously her father's doing.

     Not only her father's but maybe alot has happened to her since we left her.

      I bit my lip, looking away as a big wave of guilt flowed through my body. I should've saved her myself and not just wait for Erwin's command.

      I should've noticed sooner. She suffered all over again the moment I left her; a broken promise made. I understand now why she pretended not to know me or atleast remember a past with Farlan and Isabel. . .she was just trying to forget everything that makes her remember the worst years of her life.

      If I'll try to explain everything, will she forgive me? Would she even listen to what I have to say anyway?

      "We're here, Heichou." Petra's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

      I surveyed the surroundings, scrunching my nose in disgust. "We have alot of work to do. Get to cleaning."

      "Yes sir!" A few responded in unison while we all dismounted our horses.

      "Let's take a look around Sara!"

      I turned my direction to Eren's voice, seeing him grab Sara's hand as the ravenette only show no sign of interest. I growled at the sight, watching the green-eyed boy getting playfully comfortable around her.

      "Oi, what are you doing Jaeger?" I said, catching the attention of the two. Eren froze on his spot and turned to me with a shaking look.

      "S-sorry, sir. I was just i-inviting Sara to take a look around. . ." He stammered.

      "Are you here for sightseeing?" I replied bluntly, making him stiffly shake his head. "Get to cleaning. Don't distrub her, she's cleaning the second floor."

      Eren frowned, releasing her grip on her hand.

     Good.

     "Sorry, Sara. I'll start cleaning now." Eren said and turned to me, saluting before walkin inside to start cleaning.

      The raven haired woman walked inside without another word. I exhaled sharply and followed, seeing everyone in their cleaning attires.

      It's been two hours since we all started cleaning. I walked through the hallways of the first floor, inspecting every room that the cadets have been cleaning. A dusty room, where Eren has been assigned, caught my attention. I growled in disgust and searched everywhere for that titan brat. Finally, I found him in a room talking with Petra.

      "Overall, I think Captain Levi's a nice man," a feminine voice spoke.

      "Yeah. . .Ma--"