Chapter 45

-S-

"Tch. I like you."

His low voice rung repeatedly in my head for a minute now.

Like? Does he mean the romantic type? Or as friends?

I debated with myself for a moment, but it was hard to speak with his face just millimeters away from mines. Then a minute came, I didn't say anything, making him sigh as he stepped back, turning around.

"Wait! Levi!"

I like him too. But how can I say it?

"I. . .l-like," Damn it! Just say it! "I like you too."

He halted, not facing back.

"Go back to training, I think you're feeling better." He said, "But come back here tonight after dinner." Then he went back to seat behind his desk and finish his paperworks.

I stood up, facing down as I nodded and exited the office.

      While I shut the door close, I slumped down to my knees, clutching the left part of my shirt as my heart started beating faster.

       "Damn him!" I cursed quietly. "Just when I thought I've forgotten about you." The thought of him liking me back was something I still couldn't believe.

      But our mutual feelings for each other is something I should put aside. No matter how much I want Levi back, whether it may be a lover or just a friend, I need to move on and just thank fate for letting us cross paths again.

For the meantime, while Eric's still thinking of a plan, I'll make use of my time spending it with Levi 'till the day we'll leave.

"Sara!" Someone called my attention as soon as I reached the training grounds.

"What?" I replied.

"Are you feeling better now?" I turned around as Sasha asked the question and then followed by others.

"How were you poisoned?"
"Who did it?"
"I saw you and Eric cuddling!"

My eyes widened in embarrassment as I quickly snapped my direction to Eren who said it. He was about to speak another word when I quickly clasped my hand over his mouth, sighing in relief that no one else heard it.

"Sara, this maneuver gears are so fun and easy to use!" Eric suddenly popped up, grinning childishly.

I faced him with a deadpanned expression and told the others to continue minding their own business as they left me and Eric alone.

From a childish smile, it turned into a frown.

"You have a minute?" I asked.

He nodded as I walked away with him following closely behind.

"What's the plan?" I started. "I told Levi everything, even our plan on fleeing away."

"What did he say?"

"I wasn't sure about his reply, but I care less."

"Stop lying," he snorted, "I know you still wanted to stay longer with him. So I'll give you a week."

"It's fine," I mumbled quietly. "Saving the twins is my priority. Levi and I had our closure, so I guess we can leave now."

       "Actually just enjoy your time, I still need to think this plan through. But maybe a week or two weeks from now, we'll leave and no more hesitating, please."