Chapter 19

-LEVI-

I stared boredly at my teacup, watching my odd way of holding it. I held it by the brim of the cup for some reasons that happened in the past.

      I grabbed the cup by the holder, slowly lifting up to my lips--

      Suddenly, it broke into pieces on the floor. I stared at the shards with eyes wide open, thinking how careless I was.

      "That was your favorite cup," Sev said, getting a broom and dustpan from the corner.

      "Tch."

      "Try holding by the brim," she said, "Mother used to do it, I think it's weird though. I mean you don't have to--"

       I took another cup from the cupboard, pouring tea inside it. "Alright," I mumbled stoicly as I took it by the brim and found it more comfortable.

      "She's been dead for 2 years now," I mumbled quitely, sighing as I took a sip, taking in the nostalgic aroma of the black tea. Then the door opened, Erwin and Hanji stepping in.

      Everyone aeound the table, except me, stood up and saluted at their presence.

      "Goodmorning Commander!" Gunther greeted, followed by Eren then others. Erwin greeted back, telling them to sit down, then he stood by the end of the rectangular table.

      Hanji spoke, "Levi--"

      "Let Erwin speak Four-Eyes." I scowled, then I turned to the Commander.

       "The new recruits have arrived," Erwin informed, "She is one of them. I'll bring her here and get your squad to introduce themselves. Hanji, please prepare the training grounds for her test tomorrow."

      I nodded boredly, then they left.

      "You heard him, brats." I sighed.

      "Who's the new member, Captain?" Petra raised her hand.

      "No one special." I replied stoicly.

      "She must be strong that you handpicked her!" Eld said.

      "I didn't pick her." I responded, "Erwin chose her to be on my squad with my forced approval. Tch, hope she doesn't do well in the test." I mumbled the last part quietly.

      Then the room fell silent as footsteps were heard approaching our way.

      "That must be Commander and the new recruit!" Eren beamed.

      What a pain.

      I exhaled sharply and leaned against my chair, plastering my usual intimidating, cold glare and waited for the door to open.

-S-

This is it. I am now standing inside the Survey Corps headquarters. A few other cadets suprisingly chose this regiment, specially Jean. He had eyes on being in the interior for so long but he made a last minute decision and joined the Scouts.

      Everyone had a look of amazement in their eyes except Mikasa and I. Her only sole reason for being here was because of Eren, and mine? The mission. Focus on the mission; nothing more nothing less.

      I sat down on the bed of my own room, finally getting privacy. I put on the Scouts' uniform, staring at my own reflection in the mirror. It perfectly showed my well-built body that I've had after years of extreme physical activities.