Chapter 8

-LEVI-

A dark blue sheet spreads across the sky, freckled with glistening stars that shone above us. We sat in the rooftop, gazing at the scene, taking heed of this moment.

      "The stars are so beautiful!" Isabel gasped, her green eyes studying each one.

      "I hope Sev's alright," Farlan muttered.

      I do hope she's alright. I never meant say those words to her, and it seems she took it by heart. I sighed hopelessly, leaning on my hands from behind.

      "I'll go after Erwin. Alone." I stated bluntly. "He must have the documents on him, I'll make the expedition as an advantage to take it and kill him."

      "No."

      "Why Levi?" Farlan asked.

      "Don't you trust us? It's not like you to lose your nerve like this!" Isabel questioned doubtingly.

      "It's not like that." I mumbled just enough for them to hear.

      We gaze up at the stars together once more. It's not that bad. She would've loved this. I sighed, looking down as I changed my position.

      "Just trust us Bro!" Isabel begged.

      "This is our mission," Farlan added, "we finish this together, then we can finally have that citizenship.

      I bent my head, suppressing a small smile. "All right."

      Isabel had her fists pumped in the air as they both smiled to their hearts' content.

      "We'll stick together till the end!" She shouted as Farlan laughed.

      Hopefully.

EXPEDITION DAY

After a few days, the day of the expedition has finally come. This expedition is what we were waiting for, to grab those documents and end this mission.

      As my horse galloped outside the walls, a vast area of trees and nature freely sways to the wind's command.

      It really is beautiful.

      I turned to Isabel and Farlan beside me, they gazed in awe at such scenery; finally seeing a better view than the ones we had Underground.

      "Amazing. . ." Isabel's eyes lit up for the first time in awhile.

      I then face forward again, hearing loud footsteps.

      "3 and 4 meter class from the right!" Flagon shouted, making us turn our heads towards the direction.

      It was large, naked, and ugly.

      So that's a titan?

      "Take it out!" Someone shouted.

      I turned to the duo and nodded, "You two take care of the other one." We shot our grapples and took off. I flew behind it, smoothly slicing the nape; blood sticking everywhere in my face.

      "Tch. Disgusting." I wiped my face using my cravat and whistled for my horse. As I landed, Isabel galloped beside me.

      "My first kill!" She shouted with joy. "Did you see that, Bro?"

      Farlan then appeared to my right, "That wasn't so hard."

      "Good job," I acknowledged stoicly.