Chapter 38

-S-

Two buff men stood infront of the entrance of the place as we finally arrived. My eyes scanned the nostalgic surroundings as it brought back blood shedding memories.

      I turned to Paul — the man earlier who introduced himself while we were on the way — and gave him a nod, telling him that he can finally have his day off.

       But before he was able to run away, I yanked him by the arm and leaned closely to his ear, whispering in a threatening voice. "If I found out you're assaulting women again, I won't think twice about carving you alive. Hear me?"

     He's eyes widened, nodding in fear as I release my grip and thrashed him forward.

     "Tsk," I dusted my clothes and turned back to the two men guarding the entrance. I casually walked forward, hands on my back as I approached. Then they noticed my presence, making their eyes widen in shock.

      "S-Severine, you're back?" Asked the brown-haired one.

      "How was the surface?" The blonde questioned.

      "Fine," I replied rather coldly, "where's Boss?"

      "Inside."

      I nodded as they opened the door. I silently thank them which caught them by suprise since I never really show manners. But I shrugged and walked inside.

      Nothing's changed.

      There were still knives lying around; a few other members were talking to each other as I passed by. I felt all eyes on me once again, making me sigh in annoyance.

      "Oh? How's the mission?" Someone asked from behind. I turned around, seeing who I think was named Yuri.

      I didn't reply, only stared boredly at him. Until I heard a loud squeal coming from the right hallway and some heavy footsteps.

      "BIG SISSSS!"

      Ilyse tackled me to the ground as she hugged me tight. I only let her be while I brought my hand up to ruffle her hair.

      "Heh?" She looked up. "That's new. You never ruffle someone's hair."

      "Shut up."

      She giggled and got off me. I outstretched my arm, feeling Matthew pulling me up to stand. I lightly punched his shoulder as he dramatically cried then was quickly replaced by a laugh as he suddenly pulled me in a hug.

      "How have you been, sis?" He asked and pulled away.

      "I'm fine." I replied flatly, scanning them up and down, then the entire place. "Where's Eric?"

"Oh, he's on a mission and he might be gone for awhile," Matthew replied as I nodded.

"What are you doing here? Is the mission done?" Then Ilyse leaned and whispered to me, pointing at the satchel. "Is. . .the Commander's head here?"

I gently shoved her out of the way, sighing deeply. "That's why I'm here. Where's Boss?"

"She's in her office."

I nodded and walked towards the office with the twins following closely behind.

"I thought you three were in the surface together with Boss?" I asked, starting a conversation.

       "That was a different mission," shrugged Matthew.

       "We had a change of missions, didn't you receive the letter?" Ilyse said and groaned. "I was really excited to be in the surface with us four together for this mission! Gah, too bad Boss had last minute changes and decided not to let us come."