Chapter 34

-LEVI-

Relief flashed through me when Sara finally woke up. She looked lost and confused, which made me want to tell her everything was alright. The expression she made after finding out that another person saw her scars was an expression I haven't seen from her in so long; it gave a heavy feeling in my gut.

      She has always been strong and stoic ever since she joined the scouts, making me wonder if it was really her, that's when I realized it was a different person I no longer knew.

       I shouldn't be thinking of her in times like this. I mentally scolded myself as I limped my way to the chair. "Tch, I got this damn injury from saving her. Reckless brat, what were you thinking." I mumbled flatly and leaned closer to my desk.

Why was she talking to the Female Titan? Does she know who's behind it?

      An operation to capture the Female Titan will happen as soon as we find out who's the shifter. Two hours from now, a meeting will be held to talk about the operation; Armin Arlert, a new cadet that just joined, claimed to possibly know who the Female Titan is and it will be discussed in the meeting. But what if I get an answer out of Sara? It looked like she knew something.

      I stared down at my paperworks, scrunching my nose in frustration.

      "Damn paperworks."

      I took my pen and started jotting down my signatures for the next 30 minutes.

——

I stood from my chair, organizing the papers into a stack as I have finished. I grabbed my empty cup by the brim and walked towards the window, seeing an unusual scenery of emptiness.

      Everyone were given the day off from trainings since the expedition which happened two days ago. The usual, there were more casualties than survivors; it was nothing new to me.

      Most of my squad died. Eld, Oluo, Petra, and Gunther; all gave their lives for humanity. Sara would've died that day too, thankfully she was tougher than her fatal injury. It even suprised me how she was still able to move after losing so much blood.

      She's strong on her own afterall. But it still didn't stop me from worrying.

      If she died, I'd never forgive myself.

      I need to ask her about the Female Titan. I sighed, walking out of my office as I made my way back to the infirmary.

      She still can't fight without being fully healed. I thought to myself, suddenly stopping infront of the infirmary door as I heard different voices inside.

      "Sara, are you alright?" It was Eren's.

      "Can't you see she's crying!" It was Jean's.

      "Shut up Horseface!" retorted Eren, "Sasha help me! You might know something that will calm her down."

Shit, she's having one of those traumatic flashbacks again.

I hurriedly twist opened the knob, abruptly barging inside as they turned their directions to me.

      How'd she got out of bed?

"What are you brats doing here?" I asked calmly as my eyes landed on Sara by the corner, hugging her knees closer. Eren, Jean, Sasha, Mikasa, and Reiner surrounded her too close, which makes her cower more.

"Heichou! Sara's been like this since we got here, I-I don't know what to do." Eren said worriedly.

"Hey Sara, let's go spar," Reiner said, trying to land his hand on Sara's shoulders as she easily slapped it away.